Civit to FCO for an 11.25am flight? What time should I book a cab please?

Alijaysau

British Airways changed our flight from FCO to LHR on Saturday 4 June from an afternoon to a morning flight at 11.25am. We have opted to carry our own luggage off the ship. Any ideas about the time I should book a cab to the airport and how long it takes to disembark please? Thanks in advance 

Other info that is important...when does your ship dock?

For intra Europe flights, 11:25 is fine. You can easily grab a taxi at 8 or 8:30 and catch your flight.

The drive is about an hour. Taxi is about your most expensive option. I would take ship's transfers over taxi in this case. The best would be a shared shuttle or private transport, like Rome in Limo.

Our ship docks at 5am. We are flying into London.  I didn’t know the ship did a transfer? We are with Celebrity but have organised our own flights, does that make a difference? 

The cruise lines always (almost?) offer a transfer bus to the airport and/or into the city center at the end of a cruise.  I don't usually even book mine until I get on the ship -- it can be done at guest services.  But they probably offer it with advance booking by calling.   And no, it isn't necessarily tied to who booked the flights.  I always book my own flights and have used a ship transfer at least 5 times.  I often sail solo, and a transfer is often affordable for just one person.

25 minutes ago, MeHeartCruising said:

The cruise lines always (almost?) offer a transfer bus to the airport and/or into the city center at the end of a cruise.  I don't usually even book mine until I get on the ship -- it can be done at guest services.  But they probably offer it with advance booking by calling.   And no, it isn't necessarily tied to who booked the flights.  I always book my own flights and have used a ship transfer at least 5 times.  I often sail solo, and a transfer is often affordable for just one person.

Thank you. I think just to be on the safe side, I will keep my original booking with the taxi I’ve booked (£130) as I want to get to the airport pronto. 
It’s good to know transfers can be made on board. I’ve never done that before. 
I’ve booked my cab for 7.45am so I am hoping  it will only take 30 mins or less to disembark as we have our own cases….. unless anyone thinks I should leave the ship earlier?