Ice Cream on the Celebrity Summit

Cinderellie

Just now, SQ1953 said:

Ok thanks for your expert input PTC DAWG and perhaps you can tell that to my 6 year old Grandson who would love to have an ice cream (or a poor substitute as you so expertly pointed out) while he is on the cruise. 

Your welcome..I hope your Grandson enjoys the offerings available to him. 

19 hours ago, canderson said:

While we're on the ice cream topic ... need a spotter out there aboard:

Some years ago, Celebrity made the most positively amazing cinnamon ice cream.  They were making it aboard, and using coarse ground Indonesian cinnamon.  Have never had better anywhere.  It had real intensity of cinnamon without the astringency that you find in recipes that try to beef it up with what I suspect is cinnamon oil.  Very, very smooth, but with lots of flavor.

Back in 2021 after the restart, we noted its absence after a week aboard, and asked when it would make 'the rotation'.  Sometimes it would only be offered during lunch in the Oceanview on a port day and we'd miss it.

We were told that they no longer had cinnamon, but they'd try to make us up a tray of it.  They tried twice, and in both cases, the result was nowhere near as good as the original recipe - which may have been lost?

So for those aboard in more current times ... do you see cinnamon ice cream anywhere?  If so, have you sampled it?

I had cinnamon ice cream on Apex last month, was nice, no idea if it was the same as your Indonesian cinnamon version though.

10 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

He can have the stuff called Ice Dessert 😁

That's interesting and thank you for replying. I assume they will do it in a cone so that it looks the same as his sister's ice cream. You know what kids are like!

3 hours ago, kr00t0n said:

I had cinnamon ice cream on Apex last month, was nice, no idea if it was the same as your Indonesian cinnamon version though.

Thanks.  I'll watch for it with fingers crossed!

On 7/9/2024 at 10:12 AM, canderson said:

While we're on the ice cream topic ... need a spotter out there aboard:

Some years ago, Celebrity made the most positively amazing cinnamon ice cream.  They were making it aboard, and using coarse ground Indonesian cinnamon.  Have never had better anywhere.  It had real intensity of cinnamon without the astringency that you find in recipes that try to beef it up with what I suspect is cinnamon oil.  Very, very smooth, but with lots of flavor.

Back in 2021 after the restart, we noted its absence after a week aboard, and asked when it would make 'the rotation'.  Sometimes it would only be offered during lunch in the Oceanview on a port day and we'd miss it.

We were told that they no longer had cinnamon, but they'd try to make us up a tray of it.  They tried twice, and in both cases, the result was nowhere near as good as the original recipe - which may have been lost?

So for those aboard in more current times ... do you see cinnamon ice cream anywhere?  If so, have you sampled it?

Had it this year on either Silhouette or Solstice.