First Timers--A few questions

jdc

Hi...my wife and I will be going on our first Seadream cruise (out of St. Thomas). We have previously cruised on both Raddison (5x) and Seabourn (2x). The questions:

1) On Raddison and Seabourn a dinner desert hightlight has been "selections from the cheese trolly" with a glass of port. Is that a menu option on Seadream?

2) I tend to be a bit of a cocooner and enjoy the in-room movies. Again, on both Raddison and Seabourn there are a selection of first run movies daily on the television. How about Seadream?

3) I'm so excited about the cruise, I'm starting to have dreams about it. Is that normal?

thanks in advance.

jeff

1. If you mention that you would like a selection of cheeses after dinner to the maitre d, you will have a selection of cheeses after dinner (with port). If you have specific cheese favorites, mention that in an email to SeaDream before your sailing, and I am sure they will do the best they can.

2. Each room has a flat screen tv and a DVD player. Plus, there is library of DVDs near the reception desk that you can borrow at any time.

3. I am dreaming about my next sailing, and I am not even booked for another one yet! :D

The cheese tray should be no problem.

As I'm sure you know, good port can be fiendishly expensive and is rightfully well above the pay grade of the included "house" port so there is an extra charge.

There may also be only a limited supply on board.

If this is important to you, you should probably email SD and ask:

-what is the house port?

-what else do they carry and what do they charge?

For cabin consumption, if you like something special, you may choose to bring your own bottle with you.

Archived