Inspire Diagnostics

phoenix1181

Do a fast search on this board.  You'll see multiple threads.

The consensus was that it was easy and fast.  Order your kit early, get an early morning appointment, and do the test.  Results are emailed and texted within minutes.

14 minutes ago, JGmf said:

Do a fast search on this board.  You'll see multiple threads.

The consensus was that it was easy and fast.  Order your kit early, get an early morning appointment, and do the test.  Results are emailed and texted within minutes.

Thanks!  

I've yet to learn how to do a proper search to find information on this site.  My searches always come up blank..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

After thorough review, I decided upon eMed.  No appointments required and many reports of prompt service.  Also a bit cheaper than Inspire.

Now you've got me thinking.  I never thought to look for other companies that do online testing.  Than you!

14 minutes ago, phoenix1181 said:

Now you've got me thinking.  I never thought to look for other companies that do online testing.  Than you!

NCL's website does specifically mention eMed as another approved option.  The kits are available through both eMed and Optum health store:

eMed™ Enabled 6-Pack COVID-19 At-Home Test and Lab Report

COVID 19 Home Tests - Where to Buy Online | Optum Store

ETA: these are my backup plan.  Plan A is to go to CVS and get the tests, which will be covered by my insurance.  If that fails, I'll use the eMed tests.  Otherwise, we'll have the eMed tests as backups for our next two scheduled cruises.  I may never need them but, as the saying goes, "always have something to fall back on."

Edited by ChiefMateJRK
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, hallux said:

and, for what it's worth, my local Walgreens had a table FULL of the same tests you can order from eMed.  I did not look at the price..

PXL_20220514_143122846.jpg

Those do not appear to be the proctored version, so worthless for meeting the NCL requirement.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hallux said:

and, for what it's worth, my local Walgreens had a table FULL of the same tests you can order from eMed.  I did not look at the price..

PXL_20220514_143122846.jpg

Are you sure those are the internet proctored tests, because I haven't seen the proctored tests at my local Walgreens, nor are the proctored tests available for sale on walgreens.com .

2 hours ago, hallux said:

Well, that's what I get for assuming.  They were Abbot Binax tests, I thought they were all the same...

No they’re not the same. The proctored tests say ag card and you need to purchase them from the company who “prescribes” them to you. I actually received a prescription In each of our names when I ordered them from emed last year. 

1 hour ago, styles27 said:

I actually received a prescription In each of our names when I ordered them from emed last year. 

I didn't get any such thing when I got mine in March...

35 minutes ago, hallux said:

Well we did get such a thing and I still have them. We had to submit a copy of this to our insurance for reimbursement. Are you sure you ordered these tests?

This is what they look like 53A41C78-4FB6-4629-8121-CABF65ED5691.thumb.jpeg.b16c8cc0a1eb3180ac2ff1a20edee66b.jpeg

Edited by styles27

9 hours ago, styles27 said:

Are you sure you ordered these tests?

If I didn't do you think I'd have cruised in March using one of them?

Here's a screen cap of the item that was delivered, and none of the emails I got from the Optum store included an attachment of a prescription.

Capture Optum.PNG

11 hours ago, styles27 said:

No they’re not the same. The proctored tests say ag card and you need to purchase them from the company who “prescribes” them to you. I actually received a prescription In each of our names when I ordered them from emed last year. 

10 hours ago, hallux said:

I think they stopped issuing prescriptions when the government ordered insurance companies to pay for the tests even if they are purchased over the counter.  

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

I think they stopped issuing prescriptions when the government ordered insurance companies to pay for the tests even if they are purchased over the counter.  

Makes sense.

DH, DD, and I are sailing on Sunday and did our proctored eMed tests this morning. I'm pretty tech savvy, and I actually thought the process was somewhat confusing! I fumbled through mine and then helped DD and DH with theirs. A few take-aways that may help others:

1. We had each downloaded the Navica app and set up accounts last night. I opened the app this morning and started the testing process. At one point I was taken to the eMed web site and asked to log in. Somehow I had missed that you need an account on the eMed site in addition to a Navica account. I kept trying to log in and getting an error saying my email address or password was incorrect. I finally realized I needed to create an eMed account as well. Once I figured this out, it was very easy to set up the account.

Be aware that you will log in to the Navica app, then the eMed site, and finally to Navica again (if you want the results to appear in the app) before the testing starts. You will be prompted each time, but the process was pretty clunky.

2. Like many others have reported, a proctor came online after only a minute or so. All three of our proctors spoke very quickly and didn't wait until we had completed one step before going on to the next. Each time, we had to ask them to slow down and wait before moving on. This probably goes without saying for some people, but make sure you look at the diagrams on your screen during the process. A couple of parts would have been confusing without the visual cues.

3. If you're using a phone or a tablet, each time the small window in which you can see yourself goes black, you are expected to pick up the phone/tablet and hold it over the item being discussed (i.e., driver's license, test expiration date, test card QR code, etc.). The rest of the time we had our phones propped against something so the proctor could see both us and our test kits.

For some of you this info may be really basic and therefore not helpful. This is really for those who might have qualms about this new type of testing. 🙂

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, valleyvillage said:

The NCL landing page for Inspire says: Choose your test kit(s). (Antigen Test Kit: $45 USD, PCR Test Kit: $95 USD).. Does it matter which one? This is for Pride of America in September. 

NCL accepts either but the antigen test is preferable .Not only is the antigen test cheaper, it nearly eliminates the possible problem of your testing positive from an infection you had months ago, perhaps even an infection that you didn't know you had.

Here's what NCL says

https://www.ncl.com/sail-safe

Universal testing & Pre-Embarkation Protocols

*Rules apply for all guest above the age of 2

Unless otherwise stipulated by local regulations (Cruise Travel Requirements by Country) that would supersede our policy, at time of check-in, all guests above the age of 2 will be required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 antigen or NAAT test (I.e. PCR) result administered by a verified third party or via medically supervised home test within two days prior to embarkation date for cruises originating in a U.S. or Canadian port and within three days prior for voyages departing from a non-U.S. port. Guests must bring digital or printed proof of negative test results.

• Like 2

Thanks everyone for the good info and advice in this thread! 

We are travelling from the UK 4 days ahead of our cruise so will need to get kits ordered ahead of travelling.

I cannot understand why anyone would do a PCR test these days if the antigen(lateral flow) is acceptable to the country/cruise line/etc!!! Its easier to do, cheaper and has quicker results!!

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/20/2022 at 2:49 PM, LisaLisa87 said:

DH, DD, and I are sailing on Sunday and did our proctored eMed tests this morning. I'm pretty tech savvy, and I actually thought the process was somewhat confusing! I fumbled through mine and then helped DD and DH with theirs. A few take-aways that may help others:

1. We had each downloaded the Navica app and set up accounts last night. I opened the app this morning and started the testing process. At one point I was taken to the eMed web site and asked to log in. Somehow I had missed that you need an account on the eMed site in addition to a Navica account. I kept trying to log in and getting an error saying my email address or password was incorrect. I finally realized I needed to create an eMed account as well. Once I figured this out, it was very easy to set up the account.

Be aware that you will log in to the Navica app, then the eMed site, and finally to Navica again (if you want the results to appear in the app) before the testing starts. You will be prompted each time, but the process was pretty clunky.

2. Like many others have reported, a proctor came online after only a minute or so. All three of our proctors spoke very quickly and didn't wait until we had completed one step before going on to the next. Each time, we had to ask them to slow down and wait before moving on. This probably goes without saying for some people, but make sure you look at the diagrams on your screen during the process. A couple of parts would have been confusing without the visual cues.

3. If you're using a phone or a tablet, each time the small window in which you can see yourself goes black, you are expected to pick up the phone/tablet and hold it over the item being discussed (i.e., driver's license, test expiration date, test card QR code, etc.). The rest of the time we had our phones propped against something so the proctor could see both us and our test kits.

For some of you this info may be really basic and therefore not helpful. This is really for those who might have qualms about this new type of testing. 🙂

We use eMed for testing at work.  Watch the YouTube video first and it is easier than trying to follow and understand the proctor directions straight up.  Father in law was directed (by me) to watch the video first, then do it with the proctor.  We can all guess how badly this all went down.