How do you get on waitlist for excursion?

PKB

We have a group of eight adults in four cabins.  Every cabin is their own  expense.  Six got on an excursion and when I went to purchase, the excursion was not listed.  I presume because it was full.  Besides checking every day to see if it reappears, is there a waitlist?  How can I get on it?

Sold Out excursions usually continue to show up, just with the "sold out" label on it. So it is odd it isn't showing up at all. If nothing changes (watching often), the best bet would be to go to the shore excursion desk as soon as you board and ask to try to get on with your friends. I was able to do this on an Alaska excursion -- DH got a spot, but took the last one. They were able to call the tour company running the excursion and get me on too.

18 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

To go on waitlist you just go to excursion desk and asked to be waitlisted for an excursion.  

We did exactly this on the recent Apex TA  and we’re assured that if/when additional capacity for the excursion we wanted came available we would automatically be added. The day before the excursion (4 full days after we got put on the wait list) we stopped by on the hope there was any news in our favor and we were told that several additional busses were added, and only 3 spots remain so if we wanted to go we should book immediately. We asked what happened to the wait list process and got a blank stare … and a repeat of the statement if we wanted to go we should book immediately (we did).  I anticipate this varies from ship to ship but my only point here is even if you are on a “waitlist” it’s probably up to you to check daily to stay on top of changes and opportunities.  Best of luck, hope your plan comes together.

Edited by cruzer0007

Sorry to hear.   We were waitlistee and they issued our tickets but didn't tell us that they booked us on the early morning tour and we wanted the afternoon.    When I discovered it I called them and they cancelled it without penalty even though it was within the 24 hours penalty period.