How to get a family veranda?

medtech71

I stayed in one of the family veranda rooms on the Equinox, during a Mediterranean cruise.  At that time, they did not require 5 people to be in the cabin.  There were 4 of us in the cabin and the kids stayed in a bunk bed area.  The only complaint I had with that area is you hear the anchor go down and it wakes you very early in the morning.As it was a Mediterranean cruise, there were many ports and I was woken early almost every day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

A lot of this has been said yet I'll provide some more specific info.  If you look up the Millie's 9/30 sailing (in two days) the FV are bookable online and the 5+ person requirement is gone, you can book one as a couple.  This seems this only happens around a week within the sail date.  Otherwise you do need to call in and have the agent add 5+ names which you have to pay for.  On the Millie in Feb I spoke to a couple who originally booked a suite on this sailing but were able to move the booking to a different sailing.  Then the couple rebooked the same sailing themselves but on a now available to book corner FV which has a balcony larger than most suites.  They told me they bought the specialty dining package and still saved around half of the cost of the suite.

It varies as to when the 5 person minimum for an FV is removed.  For example, I booked my wife and I in an Oct Constellation FV this past April.