Covid Testing While Staying in Vancouver as U.S. Citizen

vermonter16

We will be in Vancouver 5 days before our cruise, so we will need to test there before our cruise and apparently before we leave.  I know that places offer tests, and am trying to schedule an appointment, but it seems (for example, through Costco) that I cannot schedule unless I am a Canadian citizen.  Does anyone have any info on how to schedule a test while there?  Thanks.

With 5 days, bring tests with you and use 'telemedicine' - you won't come close to touching the pricing at any local clinic here, $79 seems to be as cheap as it gets, and by doing it in your hotel you avoid all the associated risks of queueing up with randos who may be testing because they are actually sick (in order to get a 'proof of having had Covid' certificate here in Canada you need a PCR test from a lab, so EVERYONE with travel plans is booking those to gain their six-month 'get out of jail free' card without any further testing expense and hassle).

To board a ship or a flight back to the US though, Antigen is good enough and eMed and similar self-administered-while-a-proctor-watches-remotely tests only run about US$30pp... cheaper, more convenient, and reduced risk of ironically catching Covid while going to get tested for it? The only downside is onboard testing, unreliable internet issues - not a factor if you're on land...

If for whatever reason you want a lab test though, this is the official list of approved providers. Personally I'd avoid CVM precisely because they are so convenient for the pier - everyone and their granny who is cruising is recommending them, so go somewhere less busy!

Edited by martincath

12 hours ago, vermonter16 said:

We will be in Vancouver 5 days before our cruise, so we will need to test there before our cruise and apparently before we leave.  I know that places offer tests, and am trying to schedule an appointment, but it seems (for example, through Costco) that I cannot schedule unless I am a Canadian citizen.  Does anyone have any info on how to schedule a test while there?  Thanks.

Martincath provided a link.  Be sure to scroll to the section on 'testing for travel.'  This is a fee pay arrangement and costs are roughly 100Can$