On which cruise lines can you...

whineconnoiseur

On which cruise lines can you get the dining room menu as room service during meal times? We want to cruise the Caribbean.

We are hoping to take a cruise with our baby, but figure we might not be able to make it to the dining room regularly. Especially if it interferes with his bed time. I hate to eat at the buffet every night and give up on the good food. ;)

Any suggested lines to accommodate our need? or other suggestions? (I'm not comfortable with a baby-sitter that I don't know.)

hello,

Although I do not know which cruise line you will be sailing but several cruise lines including Celebrity have an alternative dining room set up in the buffet area for sit down dinners. The alternative dining room on Celebrity's Mercury is very nice, with a menu that may not be as extensive as the regular dining room but still there is a good selection of food. The alternative dining room service won't be as polished as the regular dining room but the wait staff works very hard to please you. And best of all there is a relaxed atmophere where a baby would be welcomed.

Hope that this helps,

Fred

Another option may be Princess cruises. They have a dining room option that is call "anytime dining". You can eat in a special dining room without having a scheduled time. I believe 5pm was the earliest guests can arrive.

We sailed on Princess with our 8 month old and this worked very well. The Maitre D usually put us at a table by ourselves and we got fast service. We would simply inform the waiter that our son would not make it though a long meal. The waitstaff was always accomodating.

This was a great option for us because we were able to get out to the dining room nightly, enjoy the better food and still keep our son on somewhat of a normal schedule.

You can order anything from the main dining rooms for in-cabin dining on Norwegian as well.

Only if you are in a suite category AE or above. On NCL, anything below a category AE can only use the limited room service menu. If you have a suite on NCL, you can order from any of the restaurants or the dining room, and your bulter will serve it to you in your room.

Archived