Chairman’s invitational cruise

kcpvwill

3 minutes ago, AnyWayIsGood said:

LOL...didn't get to any of the musical acts on the Chairman's cruise. We were so tired by 9:00 (combination of 7-8 hours of shore excursions along with getting up by 5:30 to spit in a tube 😆) that we just didn't feel like going. On other cruises we've done, we'd eat by 5:00 and then catch a 7:00 show (later time was 9). That worked well for us. As to the "muzak", I must say that I really like what Viking uses and, as a musician, found myself tuning in on it quite frequently since most was rather new-agey and very mellow and subdued / relaxing. Much nicer while eating in the restuarant and world cafe than other ships where they're blaring more energetic pop-type stuff all the time. We did enjoy the onboard classical violin / cello duo as well as the resident pianist and guitarist. How Sofia manages to read those small notes on the scrolling iPad is way beyond the capabilities of my 66-year old eyes! Sure is more convenient than carrying around cases full of hard-copy music though. 

We had a couple of chats with Sofia last June when she was on Viking Venus.

Lovely girl ,I gave her special mention on my end of cruise survey.

Trying to remember if she is Russian,Ukrainian or Belarusian.

8 minutes ago, sugarside said:

Lovely girl ,I gave her special mention on my end of cruise survey.

Trying to remember if she is Russian,Ukrainian or Belarusian.

Yes...I chatted with her briefly during one of her performances in the atrium. She's Russian....http://www.vasheruk.com   What's interesting in looking at her schedule is that she apparently did a concert in the NL on May 21 - when the Mars sailed, so perhaps was not onboard for the first day or two?  I assume the link is to the same person - looks like her anyway. I also mentioned her in the survey. In one of the pics on her site, I see she IS using regular music - perhaps makes use of the digitized versions when performing on ships. Also a fashion model. 

Edited by AnyWayIsGood

On 6/4/2022 at 3:46 PM, LindaS272 said:

My understanding is that it’s not a “false positive” because the tests are picking up COVID DNA that you still have in your system—that’s what PCR tests do. It doesn’t mean you are infectious. That’s the point of a doctor’s letter after recovery.

I agree you are correct.  Maybe I misunderstood them when they told us it was a false positive.  Just for the heck of it we consulted with our doctor again.  She definitely said my wife is in recovery mode since she still tested positive today.  As you stated, not infectious though.  She expected her to test positive for another week or so.   JohnEB

• Like 2