Arcadia - Any ideas what she's up to?

Son of Anarchy

I turned up to play at Teignmouth Golf Club this morning (800 ft up) and heard a ship's horn. Looked through the misty haze and could just make out Arcadia off Babbacombe. Very clear to see later.

Although she was a familiar sight during the pandemic it was great to see her again on such a beautiful Jubilee day.  Brought back wonderful memories of our time on her in so many fabulous places from Sydney to Alaska, Seattle to Cape Town and beyond. I do hope she is brought back to service.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sleepingcat said:

Good evening Arcadia fans, the ship dropped anchor in Lyme Bay at approx 9.10 this morning - and clearly on view from our house!  (Teignmouth) welcome back, she was here through much of the covid lockdowns. I can even see our cabin. Will post when we spot any movement. 

Wish I lived there ! How lovely to see a ship from your house.

• Like 1

Hi everyone, when we got up this morning Arcadia was gone and is now alongside in Southampton, having arrived 07.40 today.  Left Lyme Bay during last night. Not sure what's happening next as she's not listed under port of Southampton movements for  any departure as far as I can see, but others may know more?

• Like 1

On 6/10/2022 at 8:14 AM, terrierjohn said:

I hope that does not leave Britannia under manned for our cruise this Sunday!!!

No it won't.

The crew who were on Arcadia or were due on Arcadia and have been on other ships are heading back to Arcadia. They are being replaced by crew starting on each ship to feel the gaps.

This is a necessary step otherwise you would have 100% new crew on Arcadia when she restarts.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, molecrochip said:

Those staying on Britannia are generally those whose contracts are up shortly, as I understand the movements.

4 hours ago, david63 said:

Not all of them - some are staying on Britannia

How about Headliners and all the other entertainment acts, when would they head back to Arcadia?

3 hours ago, mickey1959 said:

How about Headliners and all the other entertainment acts, when would they head back to Arcadia?

I wobder if P&O might be looking for talented passengers to do the entertainment on the first couple of cruises?🤔😇

• Haha 3

Headliners, generally, don't switch between ships. This is because different ships have different shows and the Headliners learn a set roster of shows.

When the Arcadia cruises were cancelled, some of the Headliners had their contracts terminated early as there was no where to redeploy them with their specific show set.

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

Headliners, generally, don't switch between ships. This is because different ships have different shows and the Headliners learn a set roster of shows.

When the Arcadia cruises were cancelled, some of the Headliners had their contracts terminated early as there was no where to redeploy them with their specific show set.

While I'm not doubting what you have said , whichever ship we have been on the headliners shows have always been the same  and that's why we stopped going to see them on most cruises, 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, gsmt47471015 said:

While I'm not doubting what you have said , whichever ship we have been on the headliners shows have always been the same  and that's why we stopped going to see them on most cruises, 

Maybe some of the shows have been duplicated on some of the ships but certain ships (e.g. Britannia upwards) have technical specification that is not on the older ships so could not be performed (not sure the exact wording as my daughter in the industry explained it to me). Therefore I can imagine some basic shows being available/shown on all ships and some other shows being seen on Britannia & Iona but to say all the shows are always the same on all ships is probably a bit extreme.

I am a lover of the smaller ships but the shows that I have seen in the bigger ships have been better in my opinion.

9 hours ago, BouncingWheel said:

Maybe some of the shows have been duplicated on some of the ships but certain ships (e.g. Britannia upwards) have technical specification that is not on the older ships so could not be performed (not sure the exact wording as my daughter in the industry explained it to me). Therefore I can imagine some basic shows being available/shown on all ships and some other shows being seen on Britannia & Iona but to say all the shows are always the same on all ships is probably a bit extreme.

I am a lover of the smaller ships but the shows that I have seen in the bigger ships have been better in my opinion.

Maybe a poor choice of wording on my behalf, perhaps it should have read very similar .Also speaking of the Headliners they managed two performances in FIVE weeks on our February cruise on Ventura, both of which we had previously seen ,and although we both hold them in high regard ,it is fair to say they were not up to the usual standard. As the new ships have better light and laser shows to accompany them this may indeed show them in a different light, no pun intended

• Like 1