Princess air (not so easy)

Hobbes67

I have tried for the last 30 days to book a fight through easy air.  Each time I get a message that there is an error and I need to call.  When I get through I get a number of excuses: Too early to book (even though it is within the window), try again in 30 days.  Also said that we I couldn't be transfer to easy air for help until 30 days before the cruise!   Another said we don't have flights on American (even though I see the flights on easy air.  Finally the person said she found the flight I wanted.  Although we were booking first class she  said we need to have seats in row 32.  I pushed back and repeated it was first class and should be in the first rows on the plane.  She finally found seats, and then after reading all of the agreements you need to agree to,  she said she got the same message that I needed to call and had to transfer me.  Ok, this is the second time I have been transferred and no one ever answered.  I just hung up after 3 hours on hold.  First time was only an hour and a half!

Needless to say I give up.  As you know flights continue to go up each time you look.  The flights we are looking at have gone up $200 each since I began to try.  I believe my only option now is to cancel the cruise.  We are Elite and have taken 27 cruises on Princess.  I can't believe how bad their customer service has become.  If anyone has any ideas please let me know, otherwise we are out of here!  Yes, I know I can book direct through the airlines, however I was trying for flexibility.

We rarely book our flights with Princess anymore for this very issue.  We found so many inconsistencies and even when we managed to book, we needed to pay for our flights immediately so that we could select seats (we usually fly Air Canada for international) and they require paid tickets.  At one time the flights were substantially cheaper with Princess, but now they seem to be comparable to the airlines.  No incentive for us to book with Princess anymore.  If you cannot reach someone at Princess quite soon, you should just book your flights independently.  I know quite a few people here on CC have ongoing issues with EZair.  Wishing you luck.

I was told by an EZ Air supervisor that they are contracted with Princess because Princess was overloaded with everything else and they didn't have enough help.   So, you aren't really dealing with Princess but you are dealing with a Subcontractor.    

I had a gentleman book me a hotel which did not include Princess Transfers (which is what I wanted).....4 phone calls later and I finally got the Supervisor and was told the real scoop.   He said they have a bunch of new people and they aren't properly trained.  

Take it for what it's worth....