The Key on Allure

I got the Key for our upcoming cruise. It was cheaper than buying the internet pkg for both of us, etc. Was wondering how day 1 lunch was and where did you eat? Also did you like the benefits from the key?

Edited by brenderlou62

I do not find any value in the key unless you are solo. Do you really both need to be on internet at same time?  You can purchase just one package and share. Lunch is in dining room with chops menu. I love going to park cafe for lunch on first day with very little crowd because people are all crowded at buffet. I do not need my stuff taken to room for me as I have a small rolling bag on first day. I would rather spend money on unlimited specialty dining. 

Was it really cheaper to buy two Key programs than buying one 2-device internet package???? I've never seen that on an Oasis class ship.

Lunch will be in the Main Dining Room with a Chops lunch menu.  Other Key "benefits" are not worth anything to me.  

I was on Freedom May 6 and had The Key. Chops lunch abbreviated menu in a main dining room. I had the burger and warm chocolate cake. (They covered to go and I brought upstairs and ate outside at Johnny Rockers... had own tray.) Both were excellent. My favorite perk was dropping off my carry-on luggage at the lunch and having it "hand delivered" to my stateroom before cabins opened.

I was solo and was going to purchase the internet anyway. I paid $17.99/day, 3 day cruise.

I had a suite and departed during walk off (only carry-on luggage) so didn't use the early embarkation or debarkation options. Also didn't use the private activity times, departure breakfast, or show seating. I got a basket of fruit that I wish I hadn't as too much and same as I could have picked up myself in Windjammer.

IMG_3697.jpeg.ddcfca71c3c055b5dfb533030d4fb419.jpeg

I had bought The Key a long time ago and still had this benefit listed in my reminder email 15 days before my cruise. I don't think they offer this anymore and I was perhaps grandfathered in. I didn't use it.

• Complimentary room service for your entire cruise, along with 25% off all onboard dining purchases!
Edited by twins_to_alaska
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, twins_to_alaska said:

I had bought The Key a long time ago and still had this benefit listed in my reminder email 15 days before my cruise. I don't think they offer this anymore and I was perhaps grandfathered in. I didn't use it.

• Complimentary room service for your entire cruise, along with 25% off all onboard dining purchases!

Yes, that was only offered during the early part of COVID restart, when they weren't offering the Chops Lunch.  If you purchased during that period, they honored it during your sailing. It's not normally an option, and not offered anymore.