Juneau & NCL Encore

Jason82

We'll be on the Encore for Alaska later in June. If my memory serves correct, the bigger NCL ships dock further south from the other ships. But how far out of town is it?

Also with being in Juneau from 2:30 to 11, I am curious what time does the town die down? We certainly won't be partying late on the streets and then racing to the pier, but I am curious what to expect once evening comes. Obviously cruise season has just re-started after an awful long pause, so I get keeping expectations reasonable. 

The Encore will be docking at AJD (Alaska Juneau Dock) and a free shuttle into town will be provided.  Be aware that many shops and businesses in Alaska did not survive the pandemic so the streets are nowhere near as hopping as they used to be regardless of the time of day.  Many owners are working themselves as they can not get staff so their days are long.  I don’t have specific hours but it is likely businesses that are open will stay open later as they need the customers.

1 hour ago, Jason82 said:

We'll be on the Encore for Alaska later in June. If my memory serves correct, the bigger NCL ships dock further south from the other ships. But how far out of town is it?

Also with being in Juneau from 2:30 to 11, I am curious what time does the town die down? We certainly won't be partying late on the streets and then racing to the pier, but I am curious what to expect once evening comes. Obviously cruise season has just re-started after an awful long pause, so I get keeping expectations reasonable. 

All NCL ships dock down at the AJ dock. It's about a mile to the center of town. You could walk, but there is a free shuttle the runs continually from the dock to base of the tramway. 

Not sure what an "awful long pause" is. The season last year ran almost a month longer than normal due to the late start. That being said, tour operators are cancelling tours left and right because of the lack of staff to operate. 

Juneau is a sleepy little town on a good day. We'll be there in a few weeks. 

• Like 1