Which of these snorkel tours?

LuAnn

There seems to be several choices: midushi, jolly pirates and the "ship" version...some offer lunch, some not, all offer gear, ship offers transport but others don't..go to the same places..pretty much the same time frame for the "tour"....how to choose? LuAnn

Based on what I had read on these boards, Jolly Pirates was the way to go. If you reserve online, through their website, you get a 15% discount. It is so much cheaper than going through the cruise line. On the date we requested, both of their boats were reserved by RCI for the afternoon trip. So we booked for the morning trip. It goes 9:30-2 p.m. and includes three snorkelling stops, the rope swing off the boat, lunch and beverages. If you reserve through their website, it's only $42.50 for all that. You have to provide your own transportation, but they send you an e-mail with specific instructions. Their website is www.jollypirates.com. Since we haven't gone yet, I can't tell you how the excursion was. I just went by what I read.

I hope this helps.

Laura

MiDushi, Jolly Pirates, Pelican Adventures are all good choices. They go to the same stops, so you aren't seeing anything different on one or the other. MiDushi ahd Jolly Pirates have a rope swing, if you are into that. If you are new to snorkeling, I would go with Pelican Adventures. If you are coming from a cruise ship, Robertston will most likely be the guide and he is a wonderful guide, especially to those who are new to snorkeling. http://www.pelican-aruba.com/

Check out all of your options before you book. If you are reserving outside of a crusie ship, check their schedules according to your availability. You will not go wrong with any of your options!

Archived