Booking onboard stuff

Speciality dining "You can book a table in our speciality restaurants up to 14 days before your holiday and you’ll enjoy exclusive pre-cruise savings when you book ahead. (Prices shown include savings.)"

• Like 1

The booking of select dining venues is available 14 days pre cruise.

It appears that the booking of entertainment might be being phased out as you certainly do not need to have booked to go to any of the shows - this is on Britannia, other ships may be different.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fionboard said:

However, if you book before boarding your Peninsular discount applies, but not if you are on board using your obc.

That argument always makes me laugh, I would love to have enough OBC to cover all my onboard spend, and would be very happy to forego my 10% discount.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

That argument always makes me laugh, I would love to have enough OBC to cover all my onboard spend, and would be very happy to forego my 10% discount.

We had a significant amount of OBC on one cruise due to booking quite late and had more than enough for all our onboard spend! I bought some perfume to use it all up. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

We had a significant amount of OBC on one cruise due to booking quite late and had more than enough for all our onboard spend! I bought some perfume to use it all up. 

TBH we did the same on one occasion.

9 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

9 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Do not think you understand my point. ??????

1 hour ago, Fionboard said:

Your obc has to be used before the 10% discount applies. But if you book excursions, etc. pre boarding you get your discount!   

But overall it makes no difference

2 hours ago, Fionboard said:

Your obc has to be used before the 10% discount applies. But if you book excursions, etc. pre boarding you get your discount!   

That has always been the case. Only if your OBC  will cover all your onboard spend, including anything you want to pre book, would it worthwhile waiting until on board to make all your bookings. If not the cost of anything else above your OBC would be subject to your discount, whichever way you book.

Just been "encouraged" by email to book excursions etc for my October Iona  cruise. Logging in I now have a new banner as follows:

"As your safety and well-being is our top priority, we have enhanced measures in place, including reduced capacity online dining reservations. You will be able to make reservations from 24th September 2022."

Intrigued I've checked all my Britannia reservations - nothing  but my Arvia 22/12/2023 booking has a similar banner.  Seems a bit odd.

Guest ccpm
20 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

That has always been the case. Only if your OBC  will cover all your onboard spend, including anything you want to pre book, would it worthwhile waiting until on board to make all your bookings. If not the cost of anything else above your OBC would be subject to your discount, whichever way you book.

This made me ponder as to how I might attract enough OBC to cover costs for my 14 night cruise. Even booking the highest grade of suite when I travelled with my cousin we only attracted £600. Just curious do P&O ever dish out vast amounts of OBC?

Emma

31 minutes ago, ccpm said:

Just curious do P&O ever dish out vast amounts of OBC?

P&O never "dish out" any OBC - it is your money that they bank for you earning them quite a considerable sum in interest

Guest ccpm
13 hours ago, david63 said:

P&O never "dish out" any OBC - it is your money that they bank for you earning them quite a considerable sum in interest

Yes but is it not they who provided the on board credit or are you seeing it as just paid for in your fare? Just curious.