Britannia - Wine in main dining rooms

Orianababes

With so many cutbacks I am seriously considering cancelling my cruise which is for next March 23. As a female sole traveller I have never walked round with half a bottle of wine.I would probably need to order my wine by the glass.

9 hours ago, Tablelamp said:

With so many cutbacks I am seriously considering cancelling my cruise which is for next March 23. As a female sole traveller I have never walked round with half a bottle of wine.I would probably need to order my wine by the glass.

Depending on the path of Covid, things may be different by then. If they get staffing up to an appropriate level, I guess it could be reintroduced across the fleet, although of course we won't see the return of wine waiters...

On 5/21/2022 at 11:44 AM, jeanlyon said:

Rubbish!  LOL  Usually half a bottle or more left.  We sometimes keep wine for days at home and drink slowly.  We don't go to the bar after dinner, usually before, so doesn't work.  Last time we were on Freedom dining, it seemed to work, but obviously they have changed it.

We do the same at home, we have stoppers then remove some of the air in the bottle find it keeps well for 2 or 3 days. 

On 5/22/2022 at 10:41 AM, FatBoy20 said:

As at March this year, on Ventura the cheapest wine was £19.95 a bottle (up from £15.95 pre- pandemic with most being over £21). Cheapest Glass was £6.95 & also 24hr of WiFi was just over £15 (double the previous price). This coupled with a paired back Menu in the MDR seems P&O are certainly trying to clawing back some of the losses. It certainly is not the quality & value of pre-pandemic cruises.

It's not just P&O, it's happening at home as well. Prices for a basic meal have gone up by around £2 each. As I have just mentioned on another thread, a bottle of Fentiman's juice is 45p more at our local garden centre than on P&O. They have also cut back on bringing hot water out with the tea and we had to ask for butter for the toast (though that could just have been a mistake) (hopefully).

11 hours ago, emam said:

It's not just P&O, it's happening at home as well. Prices for a basic meal have gone up by around £2 each. As I have just mentioned on another thread, a bottle of Fentiman's juice is 45p more at our local garden centre than on P&O. They have also cut back on bringing hot water out with the tea and we had to ask for butter for the toast (though that could just have been a mistake) (hopefully).

We have cutback on our meals out, we went to one our favourite local eateries most main courses have risen by between £1.50 & £2.50, desserts up by a £1 soft drinks up by 40p. Also on the board they are seeking staff, so than can open more than 4 days a week they currently are. Looking at online menus at others similar rises have taken place. We were one of 3 couples in the eatery at the time, it used be really busy most evenings but not any longer. 

So it’s not surprising that P&O have raised their prices as the hospitality industry is suffering a drop in trade which shows no sign of recovering any time soon. 

• Like 2