Princess or only Carnival cutting eating options?

Kitty Ellas Mom

Got off the Ruby at the end of April. Both Crown and Sabatini’s we open for the full length of the cruise, same in Jan-Feb.  

The portion sized in Sabatini’s had gotten MUCH smaller in April.  Not saying that's a bad thing, but they weren't nearly what they were in Feb.  The lamb skewer was about 1/3 the size as was the seafood parcel.  The burrata wasn't nearly the same either, sliced cheese on a bed of tomatoes, instead of the large oozey cheese dome.  The desserts that used to be served in the huge fishbowl are now served in a martini glass.  And there's no longer the sampler, it's choose 1.  I suppose we could have asked for more, but we didn't.  I left strangely unsatisfied. 

I also noticed the portion sizes in Crown had gotten smaller, not the steaks though.  And they were out of the marrow bone potatoes for all 3 cruises (I did finally get marrow bones on Carnival 2 weeks ago).  I really do miss the decadent chocolate dessert, that was about my only reason to go to Crown.  

I've often thought about going to Crown on the last night and ordering 20 extra ribeye and taking them home.  There's no way I could get that quality of meat for that price at the store.  One of those suckers would feed 3 of us easily and hubs would be happy to have frequent beef.  Actually talked to our waiter about that and he said sure, no problem, we'll even freezer paper wrap them for you, how many do you want?  Didn't though. 

4 hours ago, justafem said:

The portion sized in Sabatini’s had gotten MUCH smaller in April.  Not saying that's a bad thing, but they weren't nearly what they were in Feb. 

As a shareholder 😭, I approve of any cutback that the majority of customers are willing to accept. 😈

As a paying customer, I would NOT be amused by a smaller portion for the same price - no matter how much they sell an improvement in service.

On 5/24/2022 at 9:48 PM, JimmyVWine said:

What are they doing with pre-booked (pre-paid) bookings?  Refund?  Roll them over to Crown Grill?  Offering OBC?

We had not pre-paid, but I heard reservations were moved to Crown Grill.