Onboard Covid Testing??

Francisca64

Yes!  We're currently on the VO Med O from Venice to BCN (2 days left) and we're spitting every morning.  The hearsay is that there have been at least 50 Covid cases onboard, but we know nothing officially.

1 hour ago, TayanaLorna said:

I don't think it's a blanket yes or no on testing.  In some regions, Viking is testing every day and in others they are testing for the first 3 days and then at the end.  

I haven’t heard of the latter. Is that on Rivers, or have you read of this on Oceans only being for the first three days?

2 hours ago, Vineyard View said:

I haven’t heard of the latter. Is that on Rivers, or have you read of this on Oceans only being for the first three days?

I’ve only heard of it on a couple river cruises. Would love to see it extended to ocean.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Twitchly said:

I’ve only heard of it on a couple river cruises. Would love to see it extended to ocean.

That is what I remembered reading someplace, that maybe on a River cruise someplace it was the first three days 

Edited by Vineyard View

Testing everyday on ocean as of Med cruise that ended last week.  Also very carefully looking at pre cruise test results and timing and if not done in right timeframe, embarkation was delayed as people were sent back outside for rapid test to be done

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Laurie17 said:

Testing everyday on ocean as of Med cruise that ended last week.  Also very carefully looking at pre cruise test results and timing and if not done in right timeframe, embarkation was delayed as people were sent back outside for rapid test to be done

Were the people sent outside for rapid test then given the rapid test by Viking?

2 hours ago, Laurie17 said:

This is helpful. It confirms what I figured: Viking will still allow you to cruise if you mess up the timing of your pre-cruise testing. One less thing to lose sleep over. 

• Like 1