Three people

ageo

hello,

I would invite your father in law but have him stay in his own cabin. Find a cruise which has a lower single supplement or contribute toward his.

Three adults in a cabin really isn't very comfortable, but if you can afford it and really want to be together there may be a family suite that would work for you.

Fred

Getting his own cabin is better. Three people in some of those cabins can be a nightmare.

One problem. Many cruise line charges the same for 1 as they do for 2.

Ex. Cruise cost is 500.00 PP. If you book and are single you pay 1000.00.

Holland America charges 150% instead of the 200% that some other cruise lines charge. Maybe he has a friend that would want to go and share a cabin with ?

We've been on seven cruises with an in-law or two along with us. We always have four adults in an inside stateroom and have never had a problem. If you have a problem getting along at home then you will definitely have problems while away. We respect each other and we set up guidelines before cruising working out shower preferences and nightime preferences before even leaving home. I think it is very doable for you all to be together and creates a great bonding experience. You won't know until you try.

I'm with the others - the thought of spending a week in a cabin with my husband and his mother (or my mother, for that matter) makes me shudder. It will be more expensive to get him is own cabin but retaining everyone's sanity is probably worth it.

Cruising with an in-law can be r-e-a-l tricky. For example: does he snore? does he pass gas? do either of you? how will you handle geting dressed for dinner in small quarters? will he or you feel uncomfortable sleeping in the same room very close to each other?

I'd say go with 2 rooms, or go for a large suite so you and DH, AND your FIL can have some privacy.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Archived