Bella Set Dining - Table for Two?

ScratchTheRat

Hi!

I booked with a TA for a very last minute deal and could only choose Bella Late Dining.

My partner and I would really like a table for two and dont care what time we eat. Is this going to be possible?

This is on Virtuosa next Friday;

Yes..once onboard go to the assigned restaurant ( it will be in your cruise card when you receive it…it will also have your assigned table number, which will usually be a table of 6) and speak to the restaurant manager or supervisor. They can change you.

we are on virtuosa right now and we’re assigned to a table of 6. We asked and were moved to a table of two.

they can do this as they are not full but obviously there is only a limited number of spare tables,so do it as soon as possible.

2 minutes ago, ferretktf said:

Yes..once onboard go to the assigned restaurant ( it will be in your cruise card when you receive it…it will also have your assigned table number, which will usually be a table of 6) and speak to the restaurant manager or supervisor. They can change you.

we are on virtuosa right now and we’re assigned to a table of 6. We asked and were moved to a table of two.

they can do this as they are not full but obviously there is only a limited number of spare tables,so do it as soon as possible.

Okay great. Will they be open as soon as we board? Thankyou for this. 

My partner struggles with social situations as he's got a disability and so this would really help us.

There will be one mdr open for lunch when you board. It might not be the restaurant that you are assigned to for the evening but you should still be able to get it sorted.

failing that, visit your restaurant about 15 mins before first sitting and speak to someone then.

13 minutes ago, ferretktf said:

There will be one mdr open for lunch when you board. It might not be the restaurant that you are assigned to for the evening but you should still be able to get it sorted.

failing that, visit your restaurant about 15 mins before first sitting and speak to someone then.

Thankyou, that's so helpful. Nice to find helpful people.

When we boarded, on our last MSC cruise, the dining room we were assigned to was not open for meal service, but it was open for making such arrangements.  We were given the change we wanted without question (subject to availability, of course).

The other way around was no problem when I was on MSC Opera a few weeks ago. On two night we asked to be seated together with friends we made, even though we had early dining in the deck 6 restaurant and they had late dining in the deck 5 restaurant, this was no problem at all. I can't imagine asking to get a table for two to be a problem, especially not if you don't mind changing dining times.

On 5/22/2022 at 5:14 PM, ferretktf said:

Just to clarify, there will be a Maitre D' (or Asst) who will be at one of the MDRs on the first day at specified times (around lunch) to help with seating questions. The MDR is not open for lunch on the first day.

11 minutes ago, HipHipOnAShip said:

Just to clarify, there will be a Maitre D' (or Asst) who will be at one of the MDRs on the first day at specified times (around lunch) to help with seating questions. The MDR is not open for lunch on the first day.

Thankyou. How will I know which one? Or just trial and error? Should I do this immediately on embarking?