Private Group to Jost Van Dyke from Crown Bay

Hi Everyone!

My husband and I did a stop in Tortola a few years ago and did a day trip with a few other cruisers to Jost Van Dyke and stopped at a few places along the way. I'm looking for something similar from St Thomas this time and wondering if anyone has any recommended charters for this as I don't see any through RCL.

Additionally something else we might be interested is a fishing day in St Thomas, again semi-private where we could potentially sign up to go with other guests. If anyone has any recommendations here that would be greatly appreciated:)

Thanks!

If I recall correctly, there is a ferry leaving from Charlotte Amalie to Road Town, Tortola 3 times a day  9 AM, 2:30 or 3 PM and then 5PM.  So you'd have to taxi from Crown Bay.   Once on Tortola you'll need to get to the West End then catch one of the ferries leaving to JVD.  Or there's a private water taxi you can hire with pre-scheduled reservations.  

But the issue would be returning.    I think the last ferry from Tortola  to St. Thomas leaves around 2:30PM .  It would get you back to Charlotte Amalie just before 4PM.  Any need to get back earlier, you would have to catch the 11:30 AM, which gives you less than an hour on Tortola and no way to get to JVD,

From friends who are on JVD now,  the Ferry is $60pp one way and the ferry to JVD is $20pp one way.  Think taxi from Road Town to West End is around $20-$30.

Yes the water taxi out of the East End (Dolphin, for example), or a private charter like Calypso out of STJ or cruzbaywatersports.com. But be sure to read up on the current entry requirements…and cost…