Holland America Audio Art Tours

Holland America used to offer IPODs preloaded with audio art tours on the various ships.  They are no longer produced.   I was able to capture the following art tours in both the Audio Book format (M4B) as well as the MP3 format.   Enjoy!

HERE is a link to my website where you they are available for download

Here is a list of the ships with audio art tours available.

Amsterdam 
Massdam 
Noordam 
Prinsendam 
Rotterdam 
Ryndam 
Statendam 
Veendam 
Volendam 
Westerdam 
Zaandam 
Zuiderdam 

Edited by The-Inside-Cabin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It is a pity that the guided tours are no longer offered - there was also always a brochure for it. I had it given to me a few times at the reception and did a tour with the explanations about the ship and enjoyed it very much.

59 minutes ago, Wendy-Europe said:

It is a pity that the guided tours are no longer offered - there was also always a brochure for it. I had it given to me a few times at the reception and did a tour with the explanations about the ship and enjoyed it very much.

I always suggest that they could post these on the Navigator app.......

• Like 2

Does anyone know why they stopped this?

If people had to use their own device there would be no ongoing cost, just the initial set up expenses.

Great idea of it being available on the navigator app and will I add it to my comments on my next cruise.

Rochelle

• Like 3

I also don't understand why they don't offer that anymore - because it would be a real differentiating feature that Holland America has over other cruise lines - precisely because they invest in very versatile art and each ship is themed very differently. And on each Pinnacle Class ship, over $4 million has been invested in art pieces. Of course, all shipping companies now have art on board - but it's often very predictable. With Holland America, visiting a new ship always means completely new exciting art.

This thread prompted me to pull out “The Art of Cruising - Fine Art and Antiques of Holland America Line” which was published by HAL in 2007. It has gorgeous photos but looking at them is bittersweet since seven of the ships are no longer in the fleet.