owners suite windstar

bl413

Lee Anne:

We'll be on board with you on Sat. We took the plunge and now have the owner's suite. Rather then telling us about it, you'll join us for drinks (since it has a sitting area) and decide for yourself if it is worth it for future cruises. This one worked out well. Whomever had it, canceled. We were listed as interested and got it at about 50% of the going rate. That made it almost a no brainer. More room/2 sets of windows, etc.

We will hook up with you onboard when we're settled in and let you come to your own conclusion. We like space, so it will work well for us.

See you in a few days.

YEAH!!!

Wonderful! There are a couple other CC folks on board with us -- Philip and Margery. We already agreed we'll be meeting at some point at the bar. :)

We're in cabin #112. If we don't manage to figure out who each other are pretty quickly, then I'll be sure to send a note to the Owner's Suite.

I must admit to a little bit of concern about the size of the cabin, given that I got completely spoiled on my last cruise. It was on Radisson's Voyager, on which the smallest stateroom is a full 350 sq. ft. suite with a balcony. I realize this is going to be quite a bit smaller, but I'm sure that all of the other delights aboard will make up for the snugness of the accommodations.

Congrats on getting such a great deal on the owner's suite! I'm so excited at this point -- and I have SOOO much to do before we go. We're flying out late Thursday night, so I don't have a lot of time.

See you soon!

LeeAnne

• 4 weeks later...

I was in the owner's cabin on the Wind Spirit a few years ago on the transatlantic crossing, and am booked in it again for this November. My quick take is that it's worth the extra money for the crossing, since you spend so much more time on the ship and in the cabin. But I wouldn't bother for a normal cruise. Although you have two sets of windows, the layout is such that you don't have that much more room than a normal cabin -- according to the specs, it's only about 15-20% larger. Considering the cost premium is more like 50%, I would skip it unless you're planning to spend a lot of time in the cabin. And, as noted before, the only thing you're getting for your money is more space -- there are no extra perks.

Doug

Archived