Drink Package - Memorial Sale

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

You'll never see a real sale as long as previous purchasers can get price matching. 

This applies to cruise fare as well. Just doesn't make sense

This is spot on!   

All the drink packages have gone up considerably. We are cruising Adventure OTS in a little over 2 weeks and since it is just my kids and myself, we got the refreshment beverage package and it was still around $40-45 per person. Seeing these prices for alcohol makes me glad to be sober fabulous 😄😂. We were unaware that you can call and ask for a non-drinker to not have the drink package, my mom hardly drinks but my dad does, I wonder if they can get this changed for this upcoming cruise...I love these boards lol 

On 5/24/2022 at 4:57 PM, ngrund said:

Yep, just cancelled and repurchased 2-device S+S and saved $50 of the total price. 

online I am seeing $ 37.74 for 2 devices and 25.99 for on 1. where did you get your prices from?

35 minutes ago, topnole said:

I don’t buy much liquor.  But I can tell you beer prices are significantly higher at the retail stores relative to prepandemic levels.  If nothing else, cost of distribution, and other indirect costs being much higher has hit nearly every company.  Just a matter of whether they eat some or a lot of it in the hope of keeping/gaining market share while accepting a lower profit margin, or pass it on to the customers in higher prices. Every firms ability to do either will vary.  

I'm not sure the inflation/distribution argument stacks up. They're currently offering the package for £45 ($55) on all 2022 European sailings (presumably with very high distribution costs to get US beers over), alongside pretty reasonable fares. Other lines are still at the same price or remain inclusive (e.g. celebrity). 

I reckon this is more about servicing all that COVID finance. 

Edited by Mark_UK

48 minutes ago, Mark_UK said:

I'm not sure the inflation/distribution argument stacks up. They're currently offering the package for £45 ($55) on all 2022 European sailings (presumably with very high distribution costs to get US beers over), alongside pretty reasonable fares. Other lines are still at the same price or remain inclusive (e.g. celebrity). 

I reckon this is more about servicing all that COVID finance. 

I hadn’t seen reports that all euro sailings this year are 45 Euros.  I also didn’t know that they did standardized pricing in Europe because in the US departure market every cruise is a potentially different price.  One week it is 70 and another 90.  One ship is 60 the same time another is 70.  Would be nice if they were all $55.  They must have borrowed their pricing strategy from the pharma companies where Americans subsidize the rest of the worlds low prices.  

It's been a while since I did the math and considered booking a package.  Question for those of you currently booking.  If they quote a daily price on the RCI website does it include the tip or is the 18% added after?  So if the sale price is $65 per day is it really $76.70 once you put your money down?  

9 minutes ago, ccotting said:

It's been a while since I did the math and considered booking a package.  Question for those of you currently booking.  If they quote a daily price on the RCI website does it include the tip or is the 18% added after?  So if the sale price is $65 per day is it really $76.70 once you put your money down?  

When you get to the final screen it will include the 18% when you pay

Just now, doppelganger2621 said:

When you get to the final screen it will include the 18% when you pay

Ok, but the advertised sale price that I see given when I look at my dashboard, is it pre or post 18%.  I am assuming pre, correct? So then if the advertised price is $65, I am really paying $76.70 all in?

1 minute ago, ccotting said:

Ok, but the advertised sale price that I see given when I look at my dashboard, is it pre or post 18%.  I am assuming pre, correct? So then if the advertised price is $65, I am really paying $76.70 all in?

It’s pre-gratuity, correct. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ccotting said:

Duplicate.

Edited by doppelganger2621