Drink Package - Memorial Sale

Is the current sale really a sale? $72.99 a person for the deluxe beverage package?

I purchased it because I know I can get any future price reduction but in recent history

is that about as low as it goes.

Harmony, seven nights in October.

Our two on Harmony next May are priced at $77.99 per week after "20% off". I suspect any Memorial Day sale may not have started yet, as the "Wow" sale has been extended (surprise surprise!)

Edited by mspink98

9 minutes ago, mspink98 said:

Our two on Harmony next May are priced at $77.99 per week after "20% off". I suspect any Memorial Day sale may not have started yet, as the "Wow" sale has been extended (surprise surprise!)

Memorial Day sale has started.

• Like 1

Correct, this is the newest version of the fake sale that all the prices on my two upcoming cruises are the same as yesterday, except for a few dollars off the unlimited dining and the combined drink package with voom.

• Like 1

This is the Memorial Day sale. I would think there will be a 4th of July sale and a Labor Day sale

but I don't know if that will be any less. That was pretty much my question. 

Like all the experts say, if you're going to get it anyway then buy it now because you can always get the reduction.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, robyn206 said:

Correct, this is the newest version of the fake sale that all the prices on my two upcoming cruises are the same as yesterday, except for a few dollars off the unlimited dining and the combined drink package with voom.

Yeah my drink package went down $5 but I will take anything less lol

10 minutes ago, hazeleyes46 said:

So this IS the Memorial Day sale and it won't be going down anymore?

I've got the luxury (or hardship, depending on how you look at it) of almost a year before we sail next, so I'll honestly check every day or so. Doesn't take me more than a couple of minutes, and who the heck knows when RCCL might decide to surprise me. But, if this is truly the Memorial Day sale, I'm not really expecting any drop over the next few days. 

3 minutes ago, robyn206 said:

This "sale" saved me $85 for two packages from the price I purchased at yesterday.

$1200 is still a ridiculous amount to pay for a week of alcohol.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

It's an insane price. I like the freedom of the package but now voting with my feet and not biting. They should introduce a cheaper more limited version (less selection, 15 a day limit or something - similar to the old system where I think there was a premium and deluxe package). It's honestly made the packages unobtainable for me, and even putting me off the idea of cruising vs land-based all inclusives. 

They now cost more than a balcony cabin in many instances! 

Edited by Mark_UK
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, Mark_UK said:

It's an insane price. I like the freedom of the package but now voting with me feet and not biting. They should introduce a cheaper more limited version (less selection, 15 a day limit or something - similar to the old system where I think there was a premium and deluxe package). It's honestly made the packages unobtainable for me, and even putting me off the idea of cruising vs land-based all inclusives. 

They now cost more than a balcony cabin in many instances! 

Totally agree. We have it booked but I'm not at all committed. $1200/week is another vacation. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, mspink98 said:

Per week???? Or per night?

The economics surprise me but I guess people are paying it. Given the low base cost of their drinks (lots of pre-mix, tax free imports, etc) I'd have thought a price that your average cruiser can afford would be the sweet spot, rather than making it exclusive to the wealthy. 

Plus you want people to have a good time on vacation, not sitting there resenting the price of drinks. 

• Like 3

Having monitored (almost daily) these "sales" for several years, you can expect at least 1 "sale" and month (frequently 2 a month).  The "sales" don't seem to really start until you are within a year of your cruise.  As others have said, if you like the price, get it.  If it goes down, you can always cancel and repuchase.  I keep kicking myself for not buying the DBP when it went to $58 on 10/13/21 for my upcoming 10/1/22 cruise.  I was thinking that the 4/19/22 "sale" it would drop back down to $66, like it had during the previous "sale" and was going to buy it then.  Dang if that's when RCI upped all the prices.  So, now the "sale" price is $73, so I bought it today.  The only consistent "real" sale is Black Friday and Cyber Monday.  For my cruise the DBP was $61 last year for these sales (yes, I should have purchased then, but stupid me said 'but it was just $58, maybe it will go back to that' and see how that worked out for me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Scurvy Pirate said:

Having monitored (almost daily) these "sales" for several years, you can expect at least 1 "sale" and month (frequently 2 a month).  The "sales" don't seem to really start until you are within a year of your cruise.  As others have said, if you like the price, get it.  If it goes down, you can always cancel and repuchase.  I keep kicking myself for not buying the DBP when it went to $58 on 10/13/21 for my upcoming 10/1/22 cruise.  I was thinking that the 4/19/22 "sale" it would drop back down to $66, like it had during the previous "sale" and was going to buy it then.  Dang if that's when RCI upped all the prices.  So, now the "sale" price is $73, so I bought it today.  The only consistent "real" sale is Black Friday and Cyber Monday.  For my cruise the DBP was $61 last year for these sales (yes, I should have purchased then, but stupid me said 'but it was just $58, maybe it will go back to that' and see how that worked out for me.

Mine is £69.50 (~$87) for Oasis in November. And that's allegedly a BOGOF offer as part of Memorial Day. 

43 minutes ago, mark290 said:

Like all the experts say, if you're going to get it anyway then buy it now because you can always get the reduction.

If people are buying at the higher prices then why would the cruise lines lower the prices??? 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, doppelganger2621 said:

Ah yes, I see that now—they probably just misspoke. $77.99 for a week would be INSANE lol

Wow, yeah, definitely misspoke. I’d buy for a random stranger at that price per week. Sorry for any confusion!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1