Chillin on the liberty

I got on here Sunday it's been a pretty good cruise so far.  Embarkation was good.  I had low expectations on the food as I had seen recent comments.  The steaks I've had so far have been great.  I sent one back at Sabor, it was overdone.  It was also to salty (tampiqana).  I totally messed up the spelling there.  They brought me a new one and it was much better closer to medium rare.  There have been misses like the chicken sandwich for lunch yesterday. 

The worst thing is the buffet.  I think I pretty much gave up on that.  I can't say I'll never go but I understand if you don't.  The number of people there is to much.  The kids man!  Nasty! Just gross man.  The parents just let little Johnny find what he wants himself even if he can't see over the counter.  I see kids eating with thier hands in line off the plate on the way to the next tray of food.  Parents just watch it happen. Go to the MDR. Or just accept it. 

Cool thing is I found a duck while on the promenade with my aunty and her daughter. We plan to take a pic with it in Belize. Will hopefully post him and who he's from that day. Or rather the day after in cozumel.  I only have internet in Mexico. 

Next real complaint is with the gaming situation.  I know most of you don't game at all.  But my lady and I love a good on rails shooter to play together. They have plenty options here for that type of play.  Terminator, house of the dead, and some other army one. Also some 2 player racing games available. That's awesome.  So what's the problem? They shut off the second player on all the games due to... covid. I mean for real you normally know the guy you're gonna play against why cut that off?  I prepaid for arcade play and went to the customer service to get that refunded, and they did. 

Another note is if you want a compass now you gotta ask for it.  

I rode the slides yesterday they were awesome. Fast and furious (well for a guy in his 40s), The first day they were very slow not fun.  They put a big royal Caribbean tarp over the TV on deck.  Most my family didn't even know there was a TV there.  So I guess that's working for them.  I still have the tube slide to try as it's been down each time I've tried to use it. Did rock climbing, my fat butt got 1/3 the way up the easy route, then a combo of fright and exhaust made me give it up.

So it's been good so far.  Minor issues nothing critical. The ship needs a rehab.  My hall is filled with water stains. Looks bad. The TV on deck issue.

• Thanks 1

Lol that you missed every post that the pool tv is broke since covid with no plans to fix it. I was on dec jan feb march ..and they are so tired of being asked when it will be fixed. There are no current plans to fox it. It's too old and at some pt it might get replaced.

Now its may and people still act surprised it's not fixed.  

Sorry to hear the little ones are ruining the buffet for you. Summer is coming and it will get worse before it's better. That's why I'm waiting until school starts to get back on liberrty.. lol well if they offer me a free cruise I could be persuaded. 

I think summer reviews will go downhill. All the kids sail free sales probably mean crowded with kids. I just got off grandeur and the crew is dreading all the kids. Already short staffed.

Sorry if I wasn't clear.  I am on a family cruise.  When I say my family didn't know I mean like aunt uncle ect.  I obviously knew already it was out.  Not a surprise, but for them, some didn't even realize there was a TV there.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lonig said:

We have been eating lunch in the MDR the last couple of cruises - food is much better then in the WJ.

I like the buffet better. I've tried Mdr. Ordered 2 orders of bacon, got 2 slices. Went to lunch a few times and nothing I really loved. Chicken sandwich to me is soggy. Wish fried fish was crispy. 

I usually wind up with mostly salad and fruit in buffet. Me and Mdr just not a good fit. 

We were on board in January, and she was showing a good deal of cosmetic wear.  I understand that she missed a refurbishing dry dock due to covid.  That stinks, but whatcha gonna do?  Again, it's just cosmetic, so we just looked past it.  We had a wonderful cruise.

Personally, I find the TV outage a blessing.  The pool area was so much more enjoyable without it.  

We had no issue with the buffet, but the ship only had something like 1400 passengers.  The buffet also still was crew-served.  I was afraid of hearing your sort of story once things went back to higher numbers and self-served.  

• Like 1

Food has been great.  Excursions have been fun and entertaining. I ate iguana in Belize, it was very boney.  The sauce was good and flavorful.  Went cave tubing that was different.  Ate termites off a tree.  Kinda minty but the exoskeleton winds up everywhere. Today I'm debating going to tulum or staying on the ship.

20220525_141529.jpg

20220525_141801.jpg

20220526_113110.jpg

The slides have a schedule and are down at times.  The weather shut down the tube slide when wind is to much.  The rock climb got shutdown due to sun heating rock thing up.  Otherwise all worked fine.  When you go down the tube pick the black one.  And prepare to feel the booty bumps from the connection between sections of the slide.  Not the worst but my brothers girl didn't want to use it anymore. 

Getting off ship sucked this morning.  Lots of cops onboard looking for someone. Say them start running in a door to get to someone.  Heard there was a fight or something going on too.  Anyway after a long delay got rolling and on home.  Good cruise.

I was on this cruise too. Both times in MDR we were in and out in under 1 1/2 hrs. We also rec'd cruise compass's in our cabin every night, did not have to ask for them. The production show, Ssturday Night Fever did not play due to injuries & illnesses (per CD) nut they did show a small part of the show (using the cast that wasnt injured or ill) during the Variety Show that they did in the Theater one night. Overall a great cruise!

• Like 2