Shore Excursion Reservations

GT38

I recently was attempting to reserve shore excursions on MYVIKING.COM.  I was unable to complete the check out process(payment) after trying  two different credit cards.  I called Viking and was told that I had in-fact reserved the excursions.  The problem was I had a credit on my account which the MYVIKING.COM web site could not handle.  They send me an email confirming my reservations and said they would credit any over payment.  I logged in MYVIKING.COM web site yesterday to see if they had loaded additional shore excursions.  The web site stated the tours I had attempted to book required payment.  I checked my daily schedule on MYVIKING.COM and two of my booked tour had been deleted since they were sold out and I hadn't made a payment.  I called Viking and they couldn't explain what their web site was doing, but assured me I was pay up and that no excursions had been deleted from my up-come cruise.  Has anyone had a similar experience?

Yes.  Last week I tried to make a reservation and the system said the payment failed.  So I carefully reentered my credit card info and it failed again.  I  started to enter it a 3rd time but decided to check my credit card online and there were 2 charges already.  I used the chat function to get it straightened out and the agent sent me confirmation.   It took several days before MVJ correctly showed the reservation, but all was OK.  And Viking refunded the double charge.