Vaccination policy - is it me??

busymumofthree

I had an email yesterday from Celebrity in advance of our 13th June cruise out of Rome.

Under the heading: VACCINATION POLICY TO SAIL   it clearly says "As of May 5, 2022, all guests ages 12 and older must be fully vaccinated".   

And yet, in the next paragraph says "Unvaccinated Guests: Will not be required to present a pre-arrival test. Instead, guests will be tested at the Terminal prior to Embarkation"

If we all have to be vaccinated, who are the unvaccinated guests... perhaps just the under 12s?  Is this contradictory advice?  🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, busymumofthree said:

I had an email yesterday from Celebrity in advance of our 13th June cruise out of Rome.

Under the heading: VACCINATION POLICY TO SAIL   it clearly says "As of May 5, 2022, all guests ages 12 and older must be fully vaccinated".   

And yet, in the next paragraph says "Unvaccinated Guests: Will not be required to present a pre-arrival test. Instead, guests will be tested at the Terminal prior to Embarkation"

If we all have to be vaccinated, who are the unvaccinated guests... perhaps just the under 12s?  Is this contradictory advice?  🤷‍♀️

I believe it may also cover medically exempt passengers. 

I've had two emails, the app accepts my three vaccinations, have been checked and green ticked but today I've been invited as an "Unvaccinated guest" to book my Eurofins test at Civitavecchia. A special account has been prepared for me and apparently failure to book this test will lead to me being denied boarding!  

After 2 hours on the telephone Celebrity are "investigating ".

53 minutes ago, busymumofthree said:

Not contradictory

both bases are covered.

adults must be vaccinated, children aren’t required to be and will be tested at the terminal

• Like 1