LIVE - Mariner of the Seas - May 28, 2022 Covid testing on-board for Bermuda!

29 minutes ago, Rewind said:

We have a late flight tonight, going over to Kennedy Space Center for the day.

Thank you for sharing!  Have a great tour at the Space Center and I wish you safe travels home.

On 5/28/2022 at 2:54 PM, Rewind said:

Slight confusion - we had signed up for My Time Dining but it turned out that was only a request.  We have been scheduled for early dining but probably won't be using it.  

Over the past few cruises, we have been going to the Windjammer more often for dinner so we are thinking of skipping the MDR entirely this trip.

Also, when checking in at your muster station, make sure you hear the beep when they scan you in.  DW got scanned but mine didn't register.  I found this out early but still had to go back to check in a second time.

We were on the cruise before you and the internet was spotty too. I think that there are just to many people trying to use it. We were on another line brand new ship with latest technology. We sailed last Nov and it was great but then again in April with more capacity and it was spotty there also. That is why I made my observation.

I did like how easy the muster was now, I hope they keep it that way in the future. Something good that came out of that dreaded pandemic.

I look forward to hearing more about your cruise. We liked the Mariner and go on the Explorer next.

On 5/28/2022 at 12:50 PM, Rewind said:

Some random walking around pics:

PXL_20220528_161729160.thumb.jpg.c5b7274f52cfee91d1b026f6f2e4f1bd.jpg

PXL_20220528_162056876.thumb.jpg.b1fbea93a1493bbebf693549ca84ff29.jpg

PXL_20220528_162342226.thumb.jpg.2b871eacecdd7c7ee64a7c8d31a2adc4.jpg

PXL_20220528_162449768.thumb.jpg.7dadfb9a5322e28fcd4aa52427ecbc04.jpg

PXL_20220528_163119046.thumb.jpg.6c7ed7561108f2b269f00d8a6e71c261.jpg

PXL_20220528_164136463.thumb.jpg.2444cb6b9388ef2018fabeb5c65fa390.jpg

I forgot to go here! DO you know if there is one on the Explorer, which is a sister ship? And we never made it to the deck with the flowrider and mini golf so thanks for the pictures!

36 minutes ago, TheSweetPotatoQueen said:

What hotel is this?

It's a combo Hampton Inn / Home2 Suites.  It's one building but has two wings.  There are two breakfast areas and the doors outside have two card readers (one for each brand) but it's all accessable between each other.  It was a very nice place to stay.

We did a full day at Kennedy Space Center, went to the Apollo building first thing which avoided crowds.  Came back from that "tour" and walked through the Atlantis exhibit and then through a few more exhibits.

After KSC, we drove to Playalinda Brewpub for dinner, had a good burger and flatbread, then off to MCO to turn in the rental car and camp at our gate for our flight.

(and I'm purposely putting this in a new post)

Debarkation was a cluster this morning.  As we had plans we were self carrying out luggage.  We waited in our stateroom so we don't congregate, and when it was announced the ship was cleared, we headed down to deck 4...  where there was already a line from the ramp onto deck 4's track, into the ship, into the dining room, around the back past the galley, back through a side door to the track on the other side of the ship.

We were tag #1 but I swear everyone just decided all at once to exit.  And to make matters worse they were only running one ramp to the port at the time (20 minutes later they opened the second ramp).  They should have called numbers but they did not.  Although they did hold up the line of people who had already been scanned off the ship to let The Key persons off.

On the plus side, here is a quick peak of the galley on deck 4 where the line snaked past:

PXL_20220605_114507605.thumb.jpg.2298de95dec1c8968014726767d91db0.jpg

40 minutes ago, Rewind said:

It's a combo Hampton Inn / Home2 Suites.  It's one building but has two wings.  There are two breakfast areas and the doors outside have two card readers (one for each brand) but it's all accessable between each other.  It was a very nice place to stay.

Thank you! We’re doing the same itinerary in October.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2022 at 8:32 PM, Rewind said:

(and I'm purposely putting this in a new post)

Debarkation was a cluster this morning.  As we had plans we were self carrying out luggage.  We waited in our stateroom so we don't congregate, and when it was announced the ship was cleared, we headed down to deck 4...  where there was already a line from the ramp onto deck 4's track, into the ship, into the dining room, around the back past the galley, back through a side door to the track on the other side of the ship.

We were tag #1 but I swear everyone just decided all at once to exit.  And to make matters worse they were only running one ramp to the port at the time (20 minutes later they opened the second ramp).  They should have called numbers but they did not.  Although they did hold up the line of people who had already been scanned off the ship to let The Key persons off.

On the plus side, here is a quick peak of the galley on deck 4 where the line snaked past:

PXL_20220605_114507605.thumb.jpg.2298de95dec1c8968014726767d91db0.jpg

We were also group 1, but got down to deck 4 at about 6:45am. There were about 20 people in line ahead of us. I would have felt the same as you if I had arrived at 7:30 when the ship cleared... but arriving early, it seemed organized to me. Several crew directing people to where they needed to go to get in line. There are just A LOT of self-assist folks, it seems. 

On 6/4/2022 at 12:32 PM, molly361 said:

Someone in the FB group posted that the Capt has asked everyone to wear masks

He did, but there were still many who were not wearing masks after that. We started wearing ours from the time we left our car at an offsite parking lot, on the bus to the terminal, in the terminal and wore masks onboard all week from day 1, any time we were outside our stateroom with the exception of when we were sitting in a lounge chair on deck 11, or when we were sitting at our dining table in the main dining room or the Windjammer. Wore them on the 5-hour excursion we did, in Bermuda. Wore them all through the last day as we disembarked and boarded the bus to take us to our car. Very few mask wearers,. Guy sitting behind me and a row over on the bus clearly sick, and no mask. As I've read in other posts, I noticed an increase in sickly symptoms onboard by about day 6-7. We've done Covid home tests twice since returning home Sunday and still negative. So sorry you weren't able to sail on this one, hopefully you'll be back sailing soon!

Edited by NCMtnBoys
  • Thanks 1