Upgrade to YC class cabin

Moaningman

The reality is that once you have access to the YC enclave just about everything YC must be included.  Within the YC area nobody asks to see your cruise card.  It is assumed that if you are admitted to the area you are entitled to the usual benefits such as drinks, service, buffets, etc.  The only time we have ever been asked for our cruise card is when we are outside the YC area where they need your card to determine your beverage package.

Hank

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Moaningman said:

Hi Rossco01

Thanks for the reply. I know we weren't guaranteed all of the experience - we've got a drinks package already so would have been happy with the access to the YC areas so we don't have to fight for a sun lounger. 

The point I'm making is they completely took the upgrade off us so we're no longer in the YC area at all, regardless of experience. 

The cabin they have agreed to upgrade us to looks amazing so I am happy with that. We already have a premium drinks package so I had asked of it was possible, to put the issue to bed on both our sides, that we could still just have access to the YC area, mainly the sundeck but restaurant too if possible, but was told we had to ask on ship. I don't believe that this couldn't be arranged before sailing, which is why I emailed Mr Paradiso, just to look into it. 

I haven't had a response yet, but didn't want to chase without giving him chance to review and reply - I imagine he's a very busy person.

All sorted now, very happy with the response and outcome

Honestly sometimes MSC can test your patience.. it took us probably 3 emails, 2 complaint emails and 2 calls to get ours sorted and we were happy to PAY the difference to get the YC experience. They just take so long to respond and many of the agents don’t seem to understand what you are asking for. In the end we got it sorted brand at no cost so all good in the end.

just crossing our fingers it happens now.. this is a rollover from back in 2020 ( although we’ve sailed MSC before ).

• Like 1

On 5/27/2022 at 4:47 AM, kernow said:

You will get the full YC experience which is amazing. The YC balconies are situated within the YC so there is no way that they could deny you access, your room card opens the doors into the whole YC area. Last year we bid for a YC upgrade, we were in the same position as you with our booking still showing the original experience but the room in YC, no problems once onboard. 

Beware though, once you have experienced it you won't want to go back, this year we booked and paid full price for YC and it was worth every penny.

Yacht Club is addicting, that is for sure.

On 6/24/2022 at 8:05 AM, Rossco01 said:

You have to be careful as others have said between an Upgrade you've paid for and one where you've simply been moved to a YC cabin. We had a similar situation on our booking recently where my sister in laws family were booked into a two bed suite (Aurea) and then received a new booking confirmation that their cabin had been changed to YC cabin as MSC wanted to retain the two bed suite for potential COVID situations. The booking was very clear Cabin Grade YC and Experience was still Aurea. 

So this happened to us but we were fully upgraded to YC even though our YC cruise cards stated Aurea.  We got the full YC experience throughout the ship.

When I click on the link with the upgrade offer, below is exactly what it says regarding the perks you'd get if upgraded to YC (you get them ALL):

In just a few clicks, you can submit an offer to upgrade your stateroom on your upcoming cruise.

1. Browse through the stateroom options below and select the amount you're willing to pay for an upgrade to each. Making offers on multiple rooms will increase your chances of getting upgraded, but you'll only ever pay for one upgrade.
  2. We'll notify you via email if your request for an upgrade has been approved. If your offer is accepted, you'll be charged for the upgrade. If not, you pay nothing and keep the stateroom you have.
    Offers are priced per person based on two occupants per stateroom for the entire duration of the cruise - only the first and second guest will be charged.
  3. In the case of a Winning Bid in “Aurea” or “Yacht Club” Experience. In these cases, the Guests will also be guaranteed all the benefits relative to the new experience. All services that have been purchased and / or prepaid before the Winning Bid event for an upgrade in "Aurea" or "Yacht Club" experience will not be refunded if the same service, of the same or higher quality, is included in the new experience resulting from the Winning Bid.

2 hours ago, blueone said:

When I click on the link with the upgrade offer, below is exactly what it says regarding the perks you'd get if upgraded to YC (you get them ALL):

In just a few clicks, you can submit an offer to upgrade your stateroom on your upcoming cruise.

1. Browse through the stateroom options below and select the amount you're willing to pay for an upgrade to each. Making offers on multiple rooms will increase your chances of getting upgraded, but you'll only ever pay for one upgrade.
  2. We'll notify you via email if your request for an upgrade has been approved. If your offer is accepted, you'll be charged for the upgrade. If not, you pay nothing and keep the stateroom you have.
    Offers are priced per person based on two occupants per stateroom for the entire duration of the cruise - only the first and second guest will be charged.
  3. In the case of a Winning Bid in “Aurea” or “Yacht Club” Experience. In these cases, the Guests will also be guaranteed all the benefits relative to the new experience. All services that have been purchased and / or prepaid before the Winning Bid event for an upgrade in "Aurea" or "Yacht Club" experience will not be refunded if the same service, of the same or higher quality, is included in the new experience resulting from the Winning Bid.

I think one of the previous replies called it - if you bid for the upgrade you definitely get everything. If you get a free upgrade then there's no guarantee, but chances are you will

You get all the YC benefits within the YC and spa.. What you don't get are the YC benefits outside the YC. Then it goes by your  original booking, If you had a drink package, then that drink package would be outside the YC. I got off the Seashore in May, and that's what happened to me with an accepted bid from Aurea to the YC. No  problems and had a great time. Booked the Divina TC for next May while on board. That will be our 3rd time on the Divina.