Walkie talkie radios

phantomII

My son is now on the Divina. He had walkie talkies in his checked luggage. Well security got it and confiscated the radios. He said they were prohibited. Since when? *****? I don't see anything in MSC rules about two way radios or walkie talkies being prohibited.

So what if your walkies were on the same wave length as one of the ships functions... and by a innocent act something was confused and a ship drill for an emergency was activated...

MSC has ruled out walkies, prohibited drones on the ships-safety first and above everything else. Your sons walkies will be handed back at the end of the cruise-not probably...

Edited by mmbcater
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, mmbcater said:

So what if your walkies were on the same wave length as one of the ships functions... and by a innocent act something was confused and a ship drill for an emergency was activated...

MSC has ruled out walkies, prohibited drones on the ships-safety first and above everything else. Your sons walkies will be handed back at the end of the cruise-not probably...

And can you show me in the posted rules and list of prohibited items where it says this? BS answer.

Perhaps you (the OP) have heard the saying, "My House My Rules."  And that is the only explanation owed by MSC.  It is not much different than a cruise line prohibiting the flying of drones on a ship :).   If you are unhappy with the MSC rules you certainly have the free will to not cruise on MSC.  

Hank

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hlitner said:

Perhaps you (the OP) have heard the saying, "My House My Rules."  And that is the only explanation owed by MSC.  It is not much different than a cruise line prohibiting the flying of drones on a ship :).   If you are unhappy with the MSC rules you certainly have the free will to not cruise on MSC.  

Hank

There are posted rules that say drones are prohibited. There are none about 2 way radios.  I don't think security should be making up their own rules as they go along. That is the reason there is a list of prohibited items to be brought aboard. MSC has not given an explanation either. So the next time you go on a cruise and they don't like the looks of your shaver, deodorant, belt, clock radio, laptop, tablet or whatever you would be ok with them confiscating your property. Your telephone puts out quite a signal too.

8 minutes ago, phantomII said:

There are posted rules that say drones are prohibited. There are none about 2 way radios.  I don't think security should be making up their own rules as they go along. That is the reason there is a list of prohibited items to be brought aboard. MSC has not given an explanation either. So the next time you go on a cruise and they don't like the looks of your shaver, deodorant, belt, clock radio, laptop, tablet or whatever you would be ok with them confiscating your property. Your telephone puts out quite a signal too.

Sometimes life is just not fair :).  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1