4 night dining package: making reservations before boarding??

Jenjohncourt

If you purchase any dining package, you cannot make any reservations before boarding.  You will be “assigned” a time for the first day, but this is merely a placeholder as the system requires a reservation.  As soon as you board, you’ll need to go to one of the specialty restaurants where the person at the door will be able to handle all your reservations.  Depending on the passenger load, you might need to be a little flexible with the dates and times.

My experience on Apex in March was not to do the dinning package at all.  I understand it is a different ship with different dinning options, but on my sailing Eden was sold out when we got on the ship ( 60% capacity)  Yes, you get a decent value on the dinning package, but you may be left out on where you really want to dine.  Save a little money or dine where/when you want.

1 hour ago, Tyler414 said:

My experience on Apex in March was not to do the dinning package at all.

That has been our approach as well.

The package saving is not all that large, but the penalty is that your choice of dates/time may be very limited indeed and especially for the most popular venues, you may not get in at all...

Our nightmare would have been only having multiple night in 'Le Petit Chef' available... 🙂

Edited by Mark_T