Problem with FCC awarded for isolation

Granny bee

We were in a back to back cruise on Iona from 5th March till 2nd April.  We were tested on the Friday before arriving  back in Southampton after first leg and we’re negative.   However because a number of guests tested positive they had to get off at southampton.   We were the called for a test on the Monday and my husband tested positive.   We had not been off the ship,since the first test.   I then tested positive after a few days and we had to isolate until the end of the cruise 11 days .  It wasn’t easy  as others will know my husband is 81.  Only positive was that we would receive FCC  based on the price we paid divided by 14 x 11.

when we returned I received an email from P&O Peninsular advising my FCC which to my calculation is around £500 each less than I anticipated.     P&O won’t speak to me about financial details as,I booked through a TA.  They instructed me to get the TA to contact them.   I have spent hours by phone and by chat trying to get this sorted out.  The last I heard was 

We are currently waiting for P&O to provide us with new invoiuces as they have informed us that they adjusted your fares on the back to back cruise due to the isolation.”

We have invoices from TA and P&O  stating we paid £3330 for the second leg including 10% discount.  I am getting nowhere and just want the FCC I am entitled to.

can anyone help 

8 hours ago, Granny bee said:

We were in a back to back cruise on Iona from 5th March till 2nd April.  We were tested on the Friday before arriving  back in Southampton after first leg and we’re negative.   However because a number of guests tested positive they had to get off at southampton.   We were the called for a test on the Monday and my husband tested positive.   We had not been off the ship,since the first test.   I then tested positive after a few days and we had to isolate until the end of the cruise 11 days .  It wasn’t easy  as others will know my husband is 81.  Only positive was that we would receive FCC  based on the price we paid divided by 14 x 11.

when we returned I received an email from P&O Peninsular advising my FCC which to my calculation is around £500 each less than I anticipated.     P&O won’t speak to me about financial details as,I booked through a TA.  They instructed me to get the TA to contact them.   I have spent hours by phone and by chat trying to get this sorted out.  The last I heard was 

We are currently waiting for P&O to provide us with new invoiuces as they have informed us that they adjusted your fares on the back to back cruise due to the isolation.”

We have invoices from TA and P&O  stating we paid £3330 for the second leg including 10% discount.  I am getting nowhere and just want the FCC I am entitled to.

can anyone help 

This type of problem arose with us re a refund of a balance paid. P&O stated that our contract was with the TA and therefor due to confidentiality they could not comment .  There have been discussions on here about this and the opinion seemed to be that contracts are between the cruiser and P&O and not the TA . It is a position which needs to be clarified for cruisers.

Edited by Yorkypete

I just  wondered if anyone else was experiencing same problem.   Other cruisers we met on isolation have advised that they have received the FCC they expected some having booked direct WITH P&O and others through.   TA    I don’t think TA can’t help it’s a question of how much they are doing to help.   P&O  even though they could nit discuss finances did mention it was calculated on how much they were paid bY TA so that concerns me a bit 

• 4 weeks later...

Perseverance pays off.   I have now received my full future cruise credit after an email to Paul Ludlow's office who instructed an investigation.   Credit was in my peninsular account within three weeks but no indication as to what had caused the situation.   Still I’m happy but will not book with the TA again 

• Like 3