Vista cruise cancelled!

beechwood

43 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

. Would you prefer to have to pay full amount when placing the reservation?  That would solve the problem....but I'd wager that no one would want to do that.

Viking requires full payment at 1 year out, and folks gripe, but still do it (us included) 💲💲💲 So O's final payment policy looks like pure heaven.

Edited by 1985rz1

39 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

Viking requires full payment at 1 year out, and folks gripe, but still do it (us included) 💲💲💲 So O's final payment policy looks like pure heaven.

According to industry rags, pre Covid the industry book to sail rate was about 3 to 1. That is about for every 3 cruises booked/reserved only 1 actually paid and sailed. The others canceled along the way. Post Covid the number of cancellations are far higher but not yet stated.

Viking is reported to have one of the highest book to sail rate. Mostly only those really interested in a cruise puts down their money up front. 

Oceania’s $750 deposit is chump change for many of its passengers. That’s why so many cruises are waitlisted early on and the waitlists clears.

Different lines, different strategies.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2022 at 9:18 PM, WNcruiser said:

They are the ones who are saying its over a year away, get over it and book something else. Easy to say when its not you who's cruise was cancelled. 

I don't think anyone said such a thing, but had they I would wholeheartedly agree. My Celebrity Sep 2023 cruise was cancelled a few months ago because of the "Ukraine situation" when we weren't even going remotely nearby. But there certainly was no point on claiming some sort of conspiracy, lack of customer loyalty, etc. There are clearly dynamics involved, which I can guess at because of my professional experience, but cannot know for certain.

• Like 1