Is Holetown worth a visit?

joseph123

Will be in Barbados for one day on a cruise again this winter and looking for an interesting way to spend the day. In researching Holetown, its looks like it has some interesting local shops as well as the most upscale shopping on the island, a pretty nice beach and boardwalk, and quite a few things to see and do in a compact, walkable area. The last time I was there on a cruise I did a beach day at Rockley Beach and wondered around Bridgetown, so looking for something interesting to do with relative ease in getting to and from the ship. Any suggestions on if this would make for a good day trip would be appreciated, and if so tips for how to get there and back? Also considering maybe a beach day at Payne's Bay, which is fairly close by and looks to be a relatively upscale resort area.

Edited by joseph123

On 5/28/2022 at 4:47 PM, joseph123 said:

Will be in Barbados for one day on a cruise again this winter and looking for an interesting way to spend the day. In researching Holetown, its looks like it has some interesting local shops as well as the most upscale shopping on the island, a pretty nice beach and boardwalk, and quite a few things to see and do in a compact, walkable area. The last time I was there on a cruise I did a beach day at Rockley Beach and wondered around Bridgetown, so looking for something interesting to do with relative ease in getting to and from the ship. Any suggestions on if this would make for a good day trip would be appreciated, and if so tips for how to get there and back? Also considering maybe a beach day at Payne's Bay, which is fairly close by and looks to be a relatively upscale resort area.

Easy reach?    
Consider a visit to George Washington’s house in Bridgetown.
Then off to retail therapy of choice in Holetown, followed by a long lunch and drinks at Tides

57 minutes ago, joseph123 said:

Is there another area you would recommend beyond just a beach day?

If, as stated, Duty Free shopping is of interest, then Sunset Crest in Holetown will not disappoint. 

• 2 months later...