Is ArriveCAN needed for Crown if it visits Victoria?

llarsen

4 hours ago, 5waldos said:

Ah- I thought you had boarded in Seattle which is why I was so surprised. But if they are boarding in Seattle, regulations require that they complete the form prior to boarding. On that Canada is very specific. 

Interesting about the needing to complete a second one prior to  Victoria. That certainly is not spelled out on the Canadian website. In fact it is not mentioned at all- leavinng it very uncertain.  Will be interested to hear if all lines require it. 

If boarding in Seattle, my reading of the requirements is that prior to boarding you must have submitted the application to activate an account.

Since the arrival submission must be within 72 hrs of arrival, that is not possible prior to boarding. Therefore, within 72 hrs prior to Victoria, all pax should access their ArriveCan account and enter the date of arrival and entry port details.

We have an account set up and anytime we return, I can go online and quickly enter the details of our arrival.

3 hours ago, llarsen said:

We are boarding and disembarking in Seattle. Last port stop is in Victoria before returning to Seattle.

I would like to take a tour that goes into Yukon by bus, and was told we need ArriveCAN for it. So we will download it and fill it out beforehand.

The first step is signing up for an account by submitting your personal details, vaccination details, and uploading proof of vaccination.

Within 72 hrs of the Yukon Tour, you should access your ArriveCan account and enter the date and port of entry for the tour.

In addition, within 72 hrs of arriving in Victoria, you again access you ArriveCan account and enter the date and port of entry details for Victoria.

• Like 1

I am not entirely certain about the Victoria stop but am quite sure that Canada requires, prior to boarding a ship which will stop in Canada, a completed and approved ArriveCan. https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/cruise. I believe that this was a part of the agreement allowing cruise ships back into Canada. 

It does say that if starting in US and ending in Canada- the ArriveCan required prior to boarding will suffice. That suggests to me that you don't need to update for Victoria. 

But- if this is not how you understand these requirements, then you will do as you think best.  And when you go to board, if you have decided to hold off on completing ArriveCan, your cruiseline will either allow you to board or require that you complete the app. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, 5waldos said:

You must complete the form before boarding in Seattle. I am unclear about whether you need to update it for the Yukon- in part it will depend on what day it is. You need to review the regulations- here is one link-https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/cruise. There are several, and your cruise line should have (possibly hidden away) instructions, also.

It is not a difficult online form to complete. And there are many reports here on CC about the chaos at embarkation because of the number of people who do not have the ArriveCAN approval. 

UPDATE: Just found this for you-

https://khns.org/yukon-relaxes-border-rules-for-tours-but-not-enough-for-white-pass-and-yukon-route-railroad

"Pillai says a completed ArriveCan app will still be required to cross the border. However, passengers that completed the app before boarding their cruise ship won’t have to update it. He also says a printout of the final QR code page from the app will be accepted at the Fraser border, as will a screenshot of that page saved on a smartphone. "

Thanks so much for this information! Really appreciate it!