Live: Crown Princess Alaska / May 28-June 4, 2022

QuilterGirl

6 minutes ago, fpsphil said:

Put something on the coffee table with weight. The first night it was a constant buzzing until I figured out it was the glass in the wooden frame vibrating. 

Moore your room steward is an absolute gem.

Thank you so much for the tip, I really appreciate it!!

9 hours ago, rrusso81 said:

Anyone on the ship right now have a room on the port aft side (back left)?  I've heard about vibration issues in that area because of the engine and I am wondering how bad it is in the rooms.  I can handle all of the intinerary changes, etc. but this is concerning me--my room for the June 11th cruise is the furthest back on the left.

What deck are you on? We have an Aft as well June 11th and I wonder the same

I’m hoping to squeeze in the Mendenhall Glacier visit and the Mt Robert’s Tram on our shortened Juneau port visit on the June 25th cruise. I currently have the combo booked but they haven’t announced our port change yet. Did anyone manage to do both? 

• Like 1

it looks like they updated the shore excursions for Juneau on our trip. Several are missing at the moment. I clicked on a whale watching excursion that is not scheduled to begin at 6:30pm. It may be that they kept the original people and adjusted their times, but its sold out

My excursion is no longer listed and the link to it - at the moment at least , is dead

Every day is just a little more disappointing dealing with this cruise

Edited by Riley_Mon
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, fpsphil said:

Put something on the coffee table with weight. The first night it was a constant buzzing until I figured out it was the glass in the wooden frame vibrating. 

Moore your room steward is an absolute gem.

We are on the July 9 sailing in D707.  So wondering if fpsphil had any toilet issues in that area?  Or was the sewage smell in that section of the ship?  I think we can handle the vibrating and the itinerary changes, but no working toilet or sewage smell is my biggest concern. 

Also, knowing what you know now, in hindsight would you still do the cruise with all these issues?

Edited by BUtaxMan

55 minutes ago, BUtaxMan said:

We are on the July 9 sailing in D707.  So wondering if fpsphil had any toilet issues in that area?  Or was the sewage smell in that section of the ship?  I think we can handle the vibrating and the itinerary changes, but no working toilet or sewage smell is my biggest concern. 

Also, knowing what you know now, in hindsight would you still do the cruise with all these issues?

From my understanding, the plumbing problems were isolated to the Caribe deck (10?) around mid-ship near the elevators.  This wasn't a Princess problem but due to guests flushing items that shouldn't have been (diapers, food waste, paper towels, etc.)  Unfortunately, that affected quite a few cabins along that hallway but I think the plumbing issues are fixed.  Hopefully, others since the first cruise can confirm.

• Like 2

On 5/29/2022 at 4:25 PM, byucruiser said:

1735 passengers this week

How/Where do you find out how many pax on a sailing?  We are on Crown July 11th and it would be nice to know.  thanks

@GloriaF, I have used the CrewChat feature on the app to ask about passenger count while on board.  Sometimes it is announced over the loudspeaker by the captain etc., or at a function for one or another class of passengers.  And one could always ask at the Guest Services desk.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BUtaxMan said:

No toilet issues at all in that section. Couple times the hot water took a while to kick in but that was the worse of it

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jk04 said:

From my understanding, the plumbing problems were isolated to the Caribe deck (10?) around mid-ship near the elevators.  This wasn't a Princess problem but due to guests flushing items that shouldn't have been (diapers, food waste, paper towels, etc.)  Unfortunately, that affected quite a few cabins along that hallway but I think the plumbing issues are fixed.  Hopefully, others since the first cruise can confirm.

I was on the May 21st cruise and some of the public toilets (in the mens room) and urinals wouldn't flush. We were in room C709 (aft, starboard) and the toilet worked there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Jlhutch6 said:

I’m hoping to squeeze in the Mendenhall Glacier visit and the Mt Robert’s Tram on our shortened Juneau port visit on the June 25th cruise. I currently have the combo booked but they haven’t announced our port change yet. Did anyone manage to do both? 

I doubt you would have time if you arrive into Juneau at 5:30 or 6. Mendenhall Glacier's visitors center closes at 7:30, we barely had time to see the glacier and there was a pretty long line for the tram. We didn't do the glacier through the ship though we booked it at a booth for $35 per person - they originally wanted $45 (it was the same company that offers the tour and whale watching through the ship).

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ccmcg said:

@bmc alabama Where were you in Skagway when you took those photos? They are beautiful (as are the others . . .)

At the US/Canada border (where we had to turn around) and at Reid Falls, which is a 5 minute hike from the Gold Rush cemetery.

We used tntours98.com and they were amazing!  Highly recommend!

BTW, even though we are now in COVID isolation (DW was positive night of Glacier Bay - I am still negative - knock on wood), this has been an enjoyable cruise.  Staff is wonderful, Crown Grill was the best meal I’ve had on Princess, and even now, in isolation, I can order Vanilla Bean Lattes through the app.  Not a bad thing!

• Like 3

One last question: how has the Wi-Fi been on the ship, especially on sea days? My teenager is taking a summer online course that she may need to work on while we’re on board.  She won’t need any live streaming, but will need to download reading (hopefully have the computer read it aloud) and take tests. Thanks for any insight.

1 hour ago, Bubbletubs said:

One last question: how has the Wi-Fi been on the ship, especially on sea days? My teenager is taking a summer online course that she may need to work on while we’re on board.  She won’t need any live streaming, but will need to download reading (hopefully have the computer read it aloud) and take tests. Thanks for any insight.

Not bad.  It will get spotty in Glacier Bay though.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, bmc alabama said:

Not sure what is going on with the Eurodam.  It’s after 9pm and they haven’t let anyone off yet…

Strange. Maybe just stopped to let an ill passenger off?

Edited by PacnGoNow

9 hours ago, bmc alabama said:

BTW, even though we are now in COVID isolation (DW was positive night of Glacier Bay - I am still negative - knock on wood), this has been an enjoyable cruise.  Staff is wonderful, Crown Grill was the best meal I’ve had on Princess, and even now, in isolation, I can order Vanilla Bean Lattes through the app.  Not a bad thing!

Did you have symptoms?

Finally in Seattle. Trip has been disappointing (excluding the whole engine thing). Not a lot of good entertainment. I can take only so many trivia shows :(.  For Juneau, tram closes at 8, glacier visitor center at 730 so it’s one or the other as you get to port at 530. It took us about 30 mins to disembark as it took a lil longer for the ship to get clearance. 

I would suggest doing the whale excursion if you have the money.  We barely saw any wildlife on the cruise.  Mostly otters. My husband saw one whale during one bfast time. Salmon bake was ok.  It’s not as private or quaint as they advertise.  

we’re one of the “one and done” group here.

• Like 2