Montreal Rapid antigen testing site

Mary229

We are spending time in Montreal pre-cruise.  We are staying in old town near the port.  Can anyone recommend a testing location that is reasonable.  I prefer testing sites to self tests but will carry self tests if need be..

Thank you.

7 hours ago, Mary229 said:

We are spending time in Montreal pre-cruise.  We are staying in old town near the port.  Can anyone recommend a testing location that is reasonable.  I prefer testing sites to self tests but will carry self tests if need be..

Thank you.

Personally I'd bring your own rapid tests, book a proctoring slot online, and test in the comfort of your hotel to get observed results suitable for cruising - it's not only your cheapest option, but it's also the safest for you (local clinics which offer Molecular as well as Antigen tests will be full of rando locals who have tested +ve at home but need an observed Molecular test for their Golden Ticket, so ironically your chance of catching Covid while being tested is elevated!)

But if you'd rather walk in somewhere, Go Rapid Test operates a walk-in downtown Montreal location as well as drive-thru sites, but I think they charge almost as much as here in BC for one with documented results that will satisfy cruiseline and airline requirements ($75); with the cheaper $40 test just to have someone hold your hand through taking a RAT 'for peace of mind' rather than for travel.

• Thanks 1

Montrealer here. We've used Go Test Rapide that Martin quoted, but the closest site to Old Montreal is downtown, a LONG 3km walk if you're very fit, or a taxi ride away. I notice there's a company called

https://elnamedical.com/en/covid-montreal/

who have a testing center on McGill Street right on the edge of Old Montreal, though I know nothing about them. How are you getting to Old Montreal? If you're flying in, and then taxiing to the port area, there are many more options available, including a GTR drive-through, at or very near the airport (including AT the airport), you could stop and test at one of those on your way?  Fortunately, we have a myriad of testing options available around Montreal these days, though Old Montreal is a bit sparse.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mary229 said:

Thanks.  Someone on the Holland America board mentions Shoppers Drug/Phamaprix.  They offer the rapid test for $40.  

Yup, Shoppers Drug Mart is a huge Canada-wide pharmacy chain, re-branded Pharmaprix here in Quebec due to our wonderful language laws.  Yes, the cost is $40 Canadian. We actually have our next tests at a local Pharmaprix in two weeks. Problem is, not all Pharmaprixs offer testing, and the ones that do don't always have test slots when you need one. We are having to drive a short distance to another Pharmaprix, because our local branch didn't have an opening on the exact day we needed it.

You don't say how or when you are arriving in Montreal, but a quick search of a Quebec government website

https://portal3.clicsante.ca/

shows two excellent options just off the airport grounds, an easy stop for a taxi taking you to Old Montreal, though they're not drive-through. There's a Pharmaprix at

Pharmaprix – Pharmacien(ne)-propriétaire : André Kayal

350 avenue Dorval suite 25

Tel. 514-631-1827

and there's another pharmacy very nearby inside a Walmart also offering testing

Accès Pharma/Wal-Mart - Pharmacie Araks Malkhassian et Tanya Sastre SENCRL

400, AVE. DORVAL, DORVAL, H9S 3H7

You can also search for other testing options via the ClicSante site.

Edited by lx200gps
  • Thanks 1