Chef's Table question

SailorPaulH

I have tried to find an answer to this on CC, but so far no luck. Hopefully a VOC vet can help me out. We want to try the Chef's Table restaurant on our first VOC cruise, but one of us has a shellfish allergy. Shellfish seems to be a common course in most of the sample CT menus I have seen. Is there an option for an alternative provided or is it an 'out of luck' situation and best to go to another restaurant? Thanks.

I don’t eat any fish at all, and inevitably in a tasting menu one course will have some sort of seafood. If it was up to me I wouldn’t go to the Chef’s Table but I don’t want my OH to miss out on the experience. We went to  to one on our last cruise which had Tuna for one of the courses. I told the server that I didn’t eat seafood and was given Tofu which I like, although it might not be everyone’s choice.

Edited by JollyJacqTar
Fat finger typing
  • Like 1

Chef's Table has always addressed our dietary restrictions with suitable alternative selections. It does help to discuss your needs and preferences with them ahead of time to help ensure the most enjoyable experience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Having entered my food allergy on my passenger information I have  always been quickly recognised and care taken to check what was available.

My only issue was once at afternoon tea in the Wintergarden when being presented with our tier I thought one of the sandwiches looked suspiciously to contain prawns.

The waiter confirmed it did ,so I explained about my allergy and a new selection was brought.

That evening in the main dining room I was approached by the manager there and his superior and apologised profusely to and told that a staff training  session had just been carried out to instruct wait staff to go through what was being offered and to emphasise allergy .

They seemed embarrassed that there had been a breakdown in their system.

Full credit to Viking.

• Like 5

On our last cruise, we ate in CT 5 times, different menu each time, and each night, the chef had to make some sort of change or other to at least one item on the menu because of my allergies and dislikes (I don't like octopus!)  Even without peppers, garlic or raw onion, each dish that I was served was as rich in flavor as the dish it was covering for.

• Like 1