Koningsdam TVs - HDMI plugs?

We have been on several HAL ships in the last few years, and the HDMI ports were available on none of them. In addition, the remote they provide has buttons only for navigating through the menus that HAL presents on the TV screen--there is no way to change the input source.

A slight correction to my post above.

We were in an Oceanview cabin on the Noordam last week. That is the first cabin we have had in years in which the TV was not wall-mounted. The ports were all accessible on the back of the TV, but there was still no way to change the input source.

Like others have said, HDMI cables cannot be hooked up to the tvs.  The way they are mounted on the wall, you cannot even access the ports.

However, when we were on Koningsdam in March and April, DH was able to hook his android phone and tablet to the tv wirelessly and watch movies he had downloaded before boarding.

DH said there is not a real easy way to do this.  On android devices use Smart View which is already on the devices.  On an Apple device the built in program is call Air Play.  On Apple devices, you need to start the movie on the device, the open Air Play.

In addition, you need a universal remote contol, and it will need to be programed for the tv in the cabin.  This way, the input can be changed for the tv which is always connected to the ship's intranet.  You also need to have the phone or tablet  connected to the ship's intranet using the Navigator.  There is no need to purchase a wifi package for this to work.

I hope this information will help your cousin.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Like others have said, HDMI cables cannot be hooked up to the tvs.  The way they are mounted on the wall, you cannot even access the ports.

However, when we were on Koningsdam in March and April, DH was able to hook his android phone and tablet to the tv wirelessly and watch movies he had downloaded before boarding.

DH said there is not a real easy way to do this.  On android devices use Smart View which is already on the devices.  On an Apple device the built in program is call Air Play.  On Apple devices, you need to start the movie on the device, the open Air Play.

In addition, you need a universal remote contol, and it will need to be programed for the tv in the cabin.  This way, the input can be changed for the tv which is always connected to the ship's intranet.  You also need to have the phone or tablet  connected to the ship's intranet using the Navigator.  There is no need to purchase a wifi package for this to work.

What brand are the TV's

Thanks

3 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

My DH is pretty sure they were Samsung.

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser

23 minutes ago, mjdenn said:

What brand are the TV's

Thanks

8 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

My DH is pretty sure they were Sansung.

Subject to change. TVs may be upgraded at any time to whatever brands have the features HAL wants at a price HAL finds acceptable. In addition, any given TV may fail and be replaced by a similar set from another brand based on availability. As a result, some cabins may have a different brand then the rest of the ship

3 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Thanks, Lenda. 
I’ve passed the info on. What she does with it is up to her now.

I spent half a day helping her choose a cabin. The next day she phoned HAL and switched cabins because she looked at the Accessibility PDF on the HAL site, and saw the exit closest to her cabin was not accessible. Neither she nor her cabin mate use a wheelchair. She thought not accessible meant the exits were ‘blocked off’ and no one could use them. I’m not sure why she wasn’t worried about all the stairwells on the entire ship being ‘blocked off’.🤦🏼‍♀️

• Like 1