Bermuda TA - how long is it taking to get authorization

Artcricket

June 24th cruise on NCL Pearl to Bermuda. I waited to send in my application until the day after they said you no longer had to upload your negative Covid information - just bring the TA and the negative test results to the port. Has anyone recently applied? Was wondering how long it took to get your approval. 

1 hour ago, Artcricket said:

June 24th cruise on NCL Pearl to Bermuda. I waited to send in my application until the day after they said you no longer had to upload your negative Covid information - just bring the TA and the negative test results to the port. Has anyone recently applied? Was wondering how long it took to get your approval. 

There's also a few threads on this over on the Bermuda sub-forum as well. TL:DR, there doesn't seem to be any consistent answer. If you are worried about not getting Final Approval in time, apparently calling and sitting on hold for hours can get quick results, as can simply sending an Email to the dedicated address on your Conditional Approval.  We're on the Joy on June 12, submitted our application just before the change in policy, and received out CA quickly. So far, no sign of our FA, I'm going to wait until a few days before to write them for a status.

11 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

There's also a few threads on this over on the Bermuda sub-forum as well. TL:DR, there doesn't seem to be any consistent answer. If you are worried about not getting Final Approval in time, apparently calling and sitting on hold for hours can get quick results, as can simply sending an Email to the dedicated address on your Conditional Approval.  We're on the Joy on June 12, submitted our application just before the change in policy, and received out CA quickly. So far, no sign of our FA, I'm going to wait until a few days before to write them for a status.

How do you like your scope?  I have a 10" old school LX200 Meade.

2 hours ago, CrazyTrain2 said:

How do you like your scope?  I have a 10" old school LX200 Meade.

;o)  I actually sold it a few years ago, the combination of the OTA permanently mated to the alt/az mount weighing in at about 60lbs just got too heavy and unwieldy. It was a great scope though. Kept the Email address even after moving over to a Losmandy G11/5" APO combination which can easily be broken down into manageable bits.

I called at 7:00 a.m. eastern time (as soon as their phone lines opened) 833-570-2594. Waited on hold only about 15 minutes, gave my pre-authorization number and was emailed final approval in minutes. Note that the instructions are not that clear so before you print it out, you must initial the form so it can be time/date stamped.