Who Has Used Melbourne, FL Airport ?

Looking at booking our flight home out of Melbourne. My thought is to rent a car at Port Canaveral once off the ship to be able to have some freedom 

till the flight at 5:30 pm. Drive south, check-out Ron Jon's, have a fun lunch with a view and eventually make it to the airport.

Looks like a very small airport. Normally one needs 2 hours ahead of time. Would you still recommend this or is 75-90 min ok ?

Melbourne now has daily flights to the UK on one or more jumbo jets and they depart late afternoon or early evening. So the airport ain't as quiet as it used to be. While you would not be flying on their airline (TUI Airways), you do have to share TSA security with them. If you have TSA Precheck, no problem since none of the Brits will.

• 2 weeks later...

I flew into there last month for my cruise.  It was a late night flight so everything was closed.  Seemed like a nice, little airport.  Was going to be in airport for 4 hours on my trip back though, so I chose to fly back out of MCO.  Didn't want to sit there that long and only option for food was Dunkin.

On 5/30/2022 at 6:31 PM, Colorado Buffalo said:

Looking at booking our flight home out of Melbourne. My thought is to rent a car at Port Canaveral once off the ship to be able to have some freedom 

till the flight at 5:30 pm. Drive south, check-out Ron Jon's, have a fun lunch with a view and eventually make it to the airport.

Looks like a very small airport. Normally one needs 2 hours ahead of time. Would you still recommend this or is 75-90 min ok ?

Great airport. Small, no long lines, easy on/off. It's about 35 minutes from Port Canaveral