Enclosed balconies on Joy

I've put two balcony reservations on hold on a Joy sailing (rooms 15226 and 15228) and both invoices indicate in bold red print "This cabin has an enclosed balcony".  Both are Port aft.  I thought that only the forward balconies were enclosed.  Is this an error?  Thanks.

These are similar to the one in the video on a deck below.  I think the have more pronounced dividers due to the bump out. Looks like 1 is certainly larger.  Never stayed in one so hopefully someone with real world experience will chime in. 

13 minutes ago, dharmapath said:

These are similar to the one in the video on a deck below.  I think the have more pronounced dividers due to the bump out. Looks like 1 is certainly larger.  Never stayed in one so hopefully someone with real world experience will chime in. 

Thanks.  I don't know why they would categorize those as enclosed.

@ChiefMateJRK - check with Marty. I'm almost positive he booked 15226 for our upcoming Canada cruise this September. He's putting in bids to try and sneak into Haven (spoiled 🐀) - but I could have sworn he changed into that angled balcony room on deck 15 because my cabin is just up ahead in 15140.

When will you guys be sailing? If it's after September and he doesn't get an upgrade, you can definitely count on him to give you 100 pictures from every single angle.

This video is from 15262 - check out the upper part of the balcony. Is that what they mean by 'enclosed'? The large roof overhang area?

I think they say this for all the angled balconies on the Joy for some reason...I had booked 14256 and watched the room video and was confident it was not enclosed.  However, I won my bid to the Haven so did not actually end up staying in that room.

6 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

check with Marty. I'm almost positive he booked 15226 for our upcoming Canada cruise this September. He's putting in bids to try and sneak into Haven (spoiled 🐀) - but I could have sworn he changed into that angled balcony room on deck 15 because my cabin is just up ahead in 15140.

Thanks.  At the end of the day, anybody who gets to cruise is a spoiled 🐀😎

6 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

This video is from 15262 - check out the upper part of the balcony. Is that what they mean by 'enclosed'? The large roof overhang area?

It's hard to tell with NCL, but there are some truly enclosed balconies in some areas on some ships.  There is a wall with a window instead of a railing, so no open air (unless the window opens).  We've been told here on the forum that it is for structural reasons.  I've seen photos of those and definitely want to steer clear.  For now, I've just booked 15208 instead, and the confirmation doesn't include that same text regarding an enclosed balcony.

26 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

The only real "PrivaSea" balconies are the ones directly under the bridge. Don't worry about the others. Some are bigger/wider than others. Some have a better view up. Some have a better view down. 

Thanks.  That's what I remember seeing posted before.  Cabins at the front of the ship near those "bridge wings."

22 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Thanks.  That's what I remember seeing posted before.  Cabins at the front of the ship near those "bridge wings."

Joy's deck plan has a bunch of  "deck_legend_priva-sea_010917.png" that are incorrectly placed. Questions/concerns like yours happen often because of the deck plan.  

The actual side of the ship shows more...

norwegian-joy-2.jpg

...and you can see that the balconies that are listed as PrivaSea aren't actually PrivaSea while the 2 that are PrivaSea aren't labeled as such. 

• 1 year later...