xfer from Le Havre to Paris one way

calleman

15 hours ago, calleman said:

has anyone done this xfer before to near the Eiffel Tower, if so some info please

One way?  That is easily accomplished by taking the train (runs about once an hour) from Cannes to Paris (Gare St-Lazare).  From that Paris train station you can than use the Metro or RER to get to just about any part of Paris.   You would also need to deal with getting between the LeHavre port and the local train station.  Walking would take most folks about 45 minutes so trying to get a taxi from the port is usually a good idea.  

Hank

• 2 weeks later...

If you are going to take a train, make those reservations as soon as you can.  I just made some with SNCF for a few transports within France for July and beginning of August - filling up!!  One of them that i wanted was already booked full.  

18 hours ago, slidergirl said:

If you are going to take a train, make those reservations as soon as you can.  I just made some with SNCF for a few transports within France for July and beginning of August - filling up!!  One of them that i wanted was already booked full.  

WOW!  That kind of figures as on our recent trip to Europe, just about everywhere we traveled was packed with tourists.   The COVID restrictions are mostly gone and folks seem to be making up for lost time.  We loved sitting in crowded cafes, chatting with new found friends about travel and sports, and not hearing much talk about COVID.  As a table of Brits said to me, "we are so over COVID."

Kind of interesting when you compare Europe (completely open) to Japan and some other parts of Asia.  Two different worlds.

Hank

1 minute ago, Hlitner said:

WOW!  That kind of figures as on our recent trip to Europe, just about everywhere we traveled was packed with tourists.   The COVID restrictions are mostly gone and folks seem to be making up for lost time.  We loved sitting in crowded cafes, chatting with new found friends about travel and sports, and not hearing much talk about COVID.  As a table of Brits said to me, "we are so over COVID."

Kind of interesting when you compare Europe (completely open) to Japan and some other parts of Asia.  Two different worlds.

Hank

I had been waiting for some of those trains just because i've done that in the past.  I was shocked - even the trains that were available had just a few open seats.   Should be an interesting July/August in Europe - what we used to do and wait may not work this Summer.

19 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

I had been waiting for some of those trains just because i've done that in the past.  I was shocked - even the trains that were available had just a few open seats.   Should be an interesting July/August in Europe - what we used to do and wait may not work this Summer.

Last month we spent a week in Prague and it was truly glorious.  Even though we were visiting in the shoulder season the city was absolutely packed!   It was even difficult to get dinner reservations in one particular large restaurant.  When we drove over to Krakow it was a similar situation with the town packed full of tourists.  I think Europe is going to have a fabulous summer tourist season and folks had best plan ahead with hotel reservations (and even some restaurant reservations).

I was really glad that we decided to rent a car for a few weeks because no-way did I want to deal with the trains, crowded stations, and air.  We still had to take one European flight (Nice to Prague via Amsterdam) and that involved delays.  I have posted elsewhere that the European air situation is even more chaotic than here in the USA where it is also bad.

Hank