Covid Certificate of Recovery to Enter Canada (Vancouver), Cruise Celebrity and reenter USA

flarad

Has anyone used a "Certificate of Recovery" with positive Covid Test to enter Canada, cruise, and reenter USA? All areas say that instead of their test requirements they will accept a written letter from a healthcare provider and proof of previous positive Covid test (Within 90 days). Both my husband and I (and hundreds of others apparently) tested positive with Covid symptoms after our recent nine day Celebrity Equinox cruise. Since I went through all that I thought maybe I could at least get a benefit of not having to test using the certificate. I got my letter today from my doctor for my June 26th cruise. Wondering if this really works and if anyone else has used it??

I do know that you do not need the certificate to enter Canada. Testing is not required for that country. However, I do not know what your cruise line is requiring. And of course, to fly back into the USA, you will need something. The following link addresses recovery.

https://www.frommers.com/tips/health-and-travel-insurance/how-to-get-proof-of-recovery-from-covid-19-for-travel

The question is whether or not Canada allows the certificate of recovery to get an approved ArriveCAN. Their regulations trump cruise line regulations. The cruise lines can make stricter CoVid rules but cannot waive the Canadian ones. 

I'm really looking for people who actually used the Certificate of Recovery to enter the US and to cruise on Celebrity. I don't want to have problems at the last minute.