Friend Backed Out, Now Going Solo. But.....

4 hours ago, cruisegus said:

Yes if you cancel the 2nd person, Royal will reprice you at today's rate.  That is why your TA said it is cheaper to just have the 2nd person No show at this time.

I removed the second person from a reservation last week; the fare did not reprice and nothing else changed. (current cabin fare is $3k more than originally paid)

3 hours ago, DandDM said:

I removed the second person from a reservation last week; the fare did not reprice and nothing else changed. (current cabin fare is $3k more than originally paid)

That is only because the cruise fare for that particular cruise had not changed.

If you cancel a person from a cabin and that makes you the only person in that cabin, Royal will reprice you to the new price, albeit only if it is in there best interest, i.e. price went up.

In your case ((current cabin fare is $3k more than originally paid)) you sliped through the cracks, as a shareholder publish you booking number and I will see that it is corrected  🙂

Edited by cruisegus

19 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

And extra point for solo (also incorrectly referred to as "double points"  😄 )

Dbl points was a different promotion 

And it was double

Royal said so😉

21 hours ago, jerseygirl3 said:

Are they still giving double points.  I thought that ended?

Ended for new bookings. The double points promo runs through end of year if you booked during the promotion

22 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Ended for new bookings. The double points promo runs through end of year if you booked during the promotion

Do you know what the promo dates were?  If a booking fell between the promo dates, but we did a Lift and Shift, will that qualify for double points?

17 minutes ago, jerseygirl3 said:

Do you know what the promo dates were?  If a booking fell between the promo dates, but we did a Lift and Shift, will that qualify for double points?

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/topics/crown-and-anchor-society-double-points-offer

Yes, L&S qualify.

"The double points offer is exclusive to our most loyal guests, the Crown & Anchor Society members! Members will receive double Cruise Points on bookings made through September 30, 2021 for sailings departing January 1, 2021 to December 31, 2022."

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

...toil and trouble, fire burn and caldron bubble

Thanks, haven't seen Shakespeare quouted here in a while. 

I do recall using "Beware the Ides of March" some time ago

Et tu, Brutus is a good one as well

Edited by John&LaLa