Post-Cruise/Pre-Flight Covid Testing

Hi fellow cruisers!  Wondering if anyone has insight into onboard pre-debarkation testing on Regent.  We are staying an extra day in Barcelona post-cruise but need to be tested prior to flight back to U.S.  Our ship docks at 6AM so I'm not sure how we might be able to test onboard before we disembark.  Thoughts?  thank you for your insight!

I would think that you would have to find a test in Barcelona or bring an emed proctored home test with you and do it in the hotel room in Barcelona. Unless you booked the hotel through Regent.

• Like 1

We brought 3 extra emed tests with us ( one extra in case something happened to one of them) some testing places are more strict about making sure the box hasn't been opened before they start the test. But you can find a pharmacy and test there as well. If you are more than 24 hours from your flight you can't safely test on the ship.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PSU said:

I would think that you would have to find a test in Barcelona or bring an emed proctored home test with you and do it in the hotel room in Barcelona. Unless you booked the hotel through Regent.

Thank you!  We actually do have our post-cruise hotel booked through Regent...the Hotel Sofia.  Does that make a difference?

I would think so. We did a three day after cruise with Regent last month last month in Istanbul and they tested us the day before we left for the US at the hotel. 

We actually stayed at the Hotel Sofia before the cruise it started in Barcelona. 

30 minutes ago, PSU said:

I would think so. We did a three day after cruise with Regent last month last month in Istanbul and they tested us the day before we left for the US at the hotel. 

We actually stayed at the Hotel Sofia before the cruise it started in Barcelona. 

Thank you so much for that info!  I'll reach out to our TA and have her follow up with Regent.  I was prepared to go through eMed but this would be better.

51 minutes ago, LvnCruisin said:

If you are more than 24 hours from your flight you can't safely test on the ship.

I believe the policy to re-enter the U.S. is that the test needs to be taken within one day bfore flying, not 24 hours. This would give a bit more flexibility. 

• Like 1