Canada

lincolnimp

24 minutes ago, lincolnimp said:

Havinh trouble filling out the Arrive Canada Information, will not take my cruise date also cannot find the covid page..This is worse than the Medalion

Also there is a forum on CC for ArriveCAN…

2 hours ago, lincolnimp said:

Havinh trouble filling out the Arrive Canada Information, will not take my cruise date also cannot find the covid page..This is worse than the Medalion

How far into the future is your cruise date? I believe there is a limit to how far forward you can complete ArriveCAN.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, DougH said:

You can only enter arrival data with exactly 72 hours of your arrival time. One minute earlier and it will not accept the info

We have used ArriveCan quite a number of times since December for driving into Canada from the USA and are used to the 72 hours maximum before arrival. Then we had to fill it in for our recent cruise from Vancouver to Alaska and back and we’re surprised to find that when selecting Marine entry rather than land or air, the 72 hours doesn’t apply. We were able to fill it in a couple of weeks before our arrival back in Canada at the end of the cruise. I have no idea how far into the future you can complete it but it is more than the familiar 72 hours. 

Edited by AE_Collector
  • Like 1

What I found out yesterday after several failed attempts to fill out what I could prior to our trip (to save time later), I had established an account with ArriveCAN.  I signed in again and looked around before jumping in.  At the top there are tabs that have different things.  The second from the left says "travelers".  I entered that and put in name, address, passport, and vaccination information and uploaded pictures of vac cards.  The date we are sailing and entering Canada is too far out and there was no save button; however, I exited, went back, and the information had been saved.  Later I will enter the site and put in the dates and print out pages.  Hope this helps.

2 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Do we have to do this on a Cruise NT to Quebec? We did use it on a flight to Vancouver for a cruise, just had not seen instruction for a cruise ending in Canada. 

Maybe you mean NY to Quebec? If so, yes you will need to have ArriveCan filled in likely in order to board at NY. Unless it is gone by then but I doubt it at the moment. Create your ArriveCan account anytime uploading your info. Then create your trip to Canada within ArriveCan a little closer to your sailing date.

Edited by AE_Collector
Additional info added

18 minutes ago, AE_Collector said:

Maybe you mean NY to Quebec? If so, yes you will need to have ArriveCan filled in likely in order to board at NY. Unless it is gone by then but I doubt it at the moment. Create your ArriveCan account anytime uploading your info. Then create your trip to Canada within ArriveCan a little closer to your sailing date.

Yes NY, fat finger 🙂

Make sure you have the most updated version. Both hubby and I spent hours trying to use the app coming home from our Copenhagen cruise.  We finally had to use a computer to do it. Five days later I had to use the app from my cellphone to return from Chicago and worked like a charm. They had an update in between.