Need help in NY

kelbell

I need some help looking for a pre stay in Nov, near Rockerfella Center and Threater district. I was hoping to find a nice hotel thats near everything that we could walk to. Or should I just not do this, have never been so thought a 2 night stay would be fun. Tried looking on line, I have a headache, so if anyone has ever done this please help me.

Depending on what you like to do, NY is a great place (we go every March, mostly for theatre but also for just walking and sightseeing). We usually stay at the Belvedere on 48th (bet 8th and 9th), we love the place. There are so many hotels in that area, it all depends on what you like, how much you want to spend. Check out fodors.com/forums and tripadvisor.com reviews. Most every hotel is either near a bus line or subway line so getting around NY is a breeze. Good luck.

A few years ago My sister and I did a 2 night precruise stay in Manhattan and stayed at the Comfort Inn Midtown Manhattan. It was in the middle of the Broadway theater district. It was on W. 46th Street right off of Broadway. I believe it was around $200 a night which was cheap for the location and included a continental breakfast. The room was kind of small but it didn't really matter since we didn't spend much time in the room. Good location though and only a short cab ride to the pier. I believe there are 2 Comfort Inns in Manhattan and we chose this one for the location. Very convenient to the subway and to the excitement of Broadway and Times Square. We also were able to walk to Rockefeller Center and Macy's. We even walked back from Battery Park. Now that was a hike but it was a nice day and saw alot on the walk back.

I love New York, and if you have never been, definately go!!! The Best Western President Inn is a block off broadway between 7 & 8th ave. It's a great location. Price depends on whats going on I guess because I've paid from $99 on up....last October the cheapest was $289!! The Sheraton Towers is also nice, and the Doubletree and Marriott Marquis, both right on Broadway and about 42nd Street, would be fabulous if you can afford it. I have been about 10 times, mostly for Theatre...my daughter just moved there this past May, so I will definately be going up a little more often. Will definately try to combine a cruise with a visit someday. Don't be afraid of the subways, they are great....go to Chinatown and Little Italy....If you know now exactly when you're going you can request tickets for the David Letterman show...FUN! it tapes at about 4:00 every afternoon but Friday. Good Morning America and the Today show and The View...also have viewing audiences..Enjoy!!

Archived