Gone Caribe Tours - Highly recommend!

shutterbug63

My son and I did the "Gone Turtles" excursion with Gone Caribe on June 2, 2022. I cannot say enough good things about this.

Our guide was Jessica (one half of the husband and wife team) that run Gone Caribe. She took us to Shete Boka State Park, and as she is an avid hiker/explorer herself, was able to take us to some of the spots there that were off the beaten path.  Next stop was a lovely local restaurant, but unfortunately, the name escapes me, but the food was wonderful and the views were amazing.

Next stop was swimming with the turtles - amazing. We saw lots of turtles and Jessica had snorkeling equipment available for us to use.  Then it was back to the ship, with a bonus stop to see flamingos.

We learned a lot about the history of Curacao and saw much of the island along the way.  I cannot recommend Gone Caribe enough. They have other private tours available, but we had chosen the turtle tour so we could swim with them.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, gyk42 said:

Was this done with the cruise line? Do they pick you up from the cruise port?

They pick you up at the local Starbucks a short walk from the pier.  Not a cruise line excursion.

Joseph and Jessica are wonderful people and excellent guides.

Gone Caribe: Private tours and Travel consultants for Curaçao

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2022 at 10:38 AM, CruisingHogFan said:

We have booked them for our March cruise. Just not sure what we plan to do yet

They'll take you anywhere.  But you have lots of time to research.   Let them know your ideas as you get closer.  They can make suggestions and are very flexible once on a tour.  It's just your party.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

We have a 2.5 almost 3 year old that is going to be traveling with us.  Do you think this gone turtles tour is something that she could go on?  I'd like to see the turtles but I'm not a huge snorkeler but if we were nearby them and the water was something you could wade in and we could hold her that might be neat.

On 6/21/2022 at 7:43 PM, gyk42 said:

Was this done with the cruise line? Do they pick you up from the cruise port?

No, this is not with the cruise line. This is a private company. We just used them last month while on Allure of the Seas. Had the BEST day ever with Joseph. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

9 hours ago, melnemac32 said:

We have a 2.5 almost 3 year old that is going to be traveling with us.  Do you think this gone turtles tour is something that she could go on?  I'd like to see the turtles but I'm not a huge snorkeler but if we were nearby them and the water was something you could wade in and we could hold her that might be neat.

There is a pier you can walk down to see the turtles swimming in the water below you without going in, you can see them from the pier.  However if you do go in, it is deep where the turtles are swimming.  The water was rough last month because of the hurricane. Joseph told us it was not normally like that but he was prepared bringing us life vests. We were able to get in and swim with life vests and snorkel equipment. I would recommend water shoes as well because there was coral shells on the beach part where you get in. 

I wanted to give a review of the tour we did with GONE CARIBE with our stop in Curacao on Allure of the Seas last month, Sept 2022. Let me say this was one of the BEST private tours we have ever done.  I was searching for something fun to do and see the beauty of the island and the West End Beaches. I went straight to the Curacao boards here on Cruise Critic. I found exactly what I was looking for from the recommendations of fellow cruisers.  I contacted GONE CARIBE online and got a reply right away.

Our custom tour with Joseph who was born and raised on the island included the following stops:

Shete Boka National Park- turtle nests,  coves, crashing waves, underground cave, volcanic rocks, corals, walking trails and inlets. 

Playa Piskado- swimming with the turtles, beautiful beaches. 

Playa Porto Marie- gorgeous beach for swimming, snorkeling, relaxing, full service bar and restaurant

Flamingo Watching-flamingos on the salt lakes of Sint Willibrodus. 

This was a very informative tour and we all loved it. I highly recommend this company!! Curacao was beautiful and we were happy to be able to experience it this way. 

• Like 1

On 10/14/2022 at 8:10 PM, rosebud1g said:

I wanted to give a review of the tour we did with GONE CARIBE with our stop in Curacao on Allure of the Seas last month, Sept 2022. Let me say this was one of the BEST private tours we have ever done.  I was searching for something fun to do and see the beauty of the island and the West End Beaches. I went straight to the Curacao boards here on Cruise Critic. I found exactly what I was looking for from the recommendations of fellow cruisers.  I contacted GONE CARIBE online and got a reply right away.

Our custom tour with Joseph who was born and raised on the island included the following stops:

Shete Boka National Park- turtle nests,  coves, crashing waves, underground cave, volcanic rocks, corals, walking trails and inlets. 

Playa Piskado- swimming with the turtles, beautiful beaches. 

Playa Porto Marie- gorgeous beach for swimming, snorkeling, relaxing, full service bar and restaurant

Flamingo Watching-flamingos on the salt lakes of Sint Willibrodus. 

This was a very informative tour and we all loved it. I highly recommend this company!! Curacao was beautiful and we were happy to be able to experience it this way. 

When did you have to pay for the tour?

Just got back from our cruise last week, including our tour with Joey.  It was great, Joey was awesome and informative.  Our tour was similar to the one above, but we only did one beach stop, but went did a cave tour that was very informative.   Really recommend Gone Caribe for their great communication and great tour.

We paid for for the tour at the end.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We are booked with them at the end of January on the turtle excursion.  We elected to skip lunch so that we can be back in Willemstad with enough time to walk around on our own.  This excursion is the one I am looking forward to the most on our cruise!  

55 minutes ago, jtdlmc said:

We are booked with them at the end of January on the turtle excursion.  We elected to skip lunch so that we can be back in Willemstad with enough time to walk around on our own.  This excursion is the one I am looking forward to the most on our cruise!  

Jessica can give you a great walking/ shopping/lunch/beer tour of Willemstad as part of the time you book with them.😃

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2023 at 3:25 PM, jtdlmc said:

We also plan on skipping lunch on our private tour.   We want to go to the caves and then the turtles.  

Please report back your experience and have a great time.

On 1/2/2023 at 9:39 PM, Mel The Great said:

Just tried to book with Gone Caribe,  they are full the day we we will be there.  Really wanted to swim with the turtles.  Does anyone know of another tour company that does the same tour?  Thanks 

Curacao Dreams has a tour called Perfect Day

It includes some of the same stops.

We have them booked in March